• The KillerFrogs

Rice Thresher: Mike Collins named Owls' starting QB

Getting a TCU degree is good and getting a graduate degree from Rice is also good, but potentially being a four year starter at Penn might have been a better move if their team was decent and he rolled up some big stats. His football career is likely over after college unless he goes into coaching.

Eight

Getting a TCU degree is good and getting a graduate degree from Rice is also good, but potentially being a four year starter at Penn might have been a better move if their team was decent and he rolled up some big stats. His football career is likely over after college unless he goes into coaching.

penn is a regular football factory for nfl quarterbacks and he wasn't going to be a four-year starter there in the first place

penn is a regular football factory for nfl quarterbacks and he wasn't going to be a four-year starter there in the first place

I agree that being a star at Penn is not a ticket to the NFL, but if he was able to compile some nice career stats and the team had some success under his QB leadership at Penn, it might have been better for him in the long run post college, as compared to being a journeyman QB with not all that distinguished stats at multiple schools, and still no real shot at the NFL.

Eight

I agree that being a star at Penn is not a ticket to the NFL, but if he was able to compile some nice career stats and the team had some success under his QB leadership at Penn, it might have been better for him in the long run post college, as compared to being a journeyman QB with not all that distinguished stats at multiple schools, and still no real shot at the NFL.

the quarterback before him was a multi-year starter at penn and signed 4 free agent contracts in 2 years before being out of the nfl

talent and fit have more to say about an nfl future than being a multi-year starter in the same program

When I talk about "better off for him in the long run post college" I am not talking about the NFL. I am talking about the ability to connect with well positioned Penn alums who maybe can help set him up in a lucrative career outside of football for the rest of his life. But there are no guarantees either way, so all of this is just guessing. I am just guessing that if alumni ties have any value, that those ties are more valuable if you spend four years at one school rather than jumping around. Probably ultimately unprovable.