• The KillerFrogs

CGP is the 9th Highest Paid Coach?

AroundWorldFrog

Interesting.
EkTQHHNXsAI3HeI

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
He is well compensated. That's only what they admit to...

That's a lot of bucks for a fairly feeble bang. The issue is, we all are well aware that he can do far better than he is right now. Why?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Are we certain he can do better? Honest question based on the last 3 seasons.
He's been ill served by certain position coaches. That being said, he keeps those under-performing persons in positions which consistently fail to develop, or grow. It isn't his fault that they can't coach, but it is his fault that he keeps them around.

Salfrog

Tier 1
...and yet, we have been on a downward spiral for the last few years. How sad it is that GP has allowed this to happen. Almost like he has been stealing money from TCU and all that have been giving money to the program by making as minimal changes as possible to his staff.

Froggish

which school in the top 10 is getting less value for the money they are paying for a coach?

many will job to atm, texas, some tcu, but michigan paying harbaugh all that money and he can't field a team that is truly competitive for the big 10 title is my pick
Harbaugh is probably the right answer but in his time at Michigan he has 7 more wins the Gary does

Eight

Harbaugh is probably the right answer but in his time at Michigan he has 7 more wins the Gary does

true, but i think the advantages harbaugh has at michigan are significant over tcu

resources, alumni support, fan base, history, name recognition, the ability to get into almost any house he wants in recruiting and for that here are his rankings within their division of the big 10

2015 - 3rd
2016 - 3rd
2017 - 4th
2018 - t 1st
2019 - 3rd

if with all the advantages he has as well as the nfl rep and all he has to show for it is 7 more wins and never playing for a big 10 title i would say michigan isn't getting their money's worth

gary needs to step things up, but for the extra money michigan is paying harbaugh i think tcu could find an oc and offensive line coach who can do more than hump a door knob

Wog68

I'm just guessing that he is the only one in the top 9 that has a statue, and that's saying something. Just guessing.

Mean Purple

With the bucks we spend, we could attract big time coaches whenever GP's term is over. In the meanwhile, he needs to right the ship. When you look at defenses out there, even how it went this past weekend, it's a solid defense and he coaches them up. Time to send the ginger packing.