• The KillerFrogs

Behind Dowling?

Horny4TCU

QB depth is an issue. RBs are a plenty...

4i6ped.jpg

westoverhillbilly

Stephon Brown was maybe ok as his other offers out of Independence CC were Temple and Southern Miss. He originally signed with Appalaichan State out of high school. He's dual threat player who at 6-5 should be able to see the field and can run pretty well. He must be not showing much in practice.. JUCO quarterbacks need spring practice more than any other position, so perhaps he's just getting acquainted. Maybe he'll come on as the season progresses and hit stride should something happen to Max, because the former walk on just ain't got it.

Wog68

If we have to move to the Single Wing, the QB calls the plays but then is the blocking back. Our walk-ons could help in that case - if they can block. Not sure if we have a triple threat Tailback to run it, but I'm sure Gary knows someone he can hire to help.

Eight

If we have to move to the Single Wing, the QB calls the plays but then is the blocking back. Our walk-ons could help in that case - if they can block. Not sure if we have a triple threat Tailback to run it, but I'm sure Gary knows someone he can hire to help.

can you run the fly sweep out of the single wing?

Eight

Remember Gary's first year here (1998) as DC with Fran as HC, we ran the option because we didn't have the personnel to run a pass oriented offense. We got to the Sun Bowl and beat USC..

wait, wait, wait westover....are you suggesting a coaching staff should adjust their offensive scheme and system to match their personnel and not try to force their personnel into their preferred offensive system?

sounds like you need to listen to bubbat on this matter

westoverhillbilly

wait, wait, wait westover....are you suggesting a coaching staff should adjust their offensive scheme and system to match their personnel and not try to force their personnel into their preferred offensive system?

Exactly.. But I will say this offense seems improved over '18 and '19 in most categories, but just can't punch it in, and the line can't protect Max. I would have thought we would have some scoring threats other than Max by now, but don't. Every time Evans enters the game, I think he's going to take it to the house. Maybe Quentin will start scoring.

Eight

Exactly.. But I will say this offense seems improved over '18 and '19 in most categories, but just can't punch it in, and the line can't protect Max. I would have thought we would have some scoring threats other than Max by now, but don't. Every time Evans enters the game, I think he's going to take it to the house. Maybe Quentin will start scoring.

think we have to actually get the ball to quentin before he starts scoring or wells or spielman or barlow or ......just stop the mensa offense of sam, i mean max, has to be the guy on every play