• The KillerFrogs

In person NCAA experience has to change...

PO Frog

If the powers that be care at all about in person attendance, they need to fix the interminable breaks in the "action" that occur with great regularity. I know the NFL and other TV leagues can get away with it because that is where they make the most of their $, but I don't know how much longer I can continue to attend when it is so dang boring. The crap product on the field obviously makes it more difficult, but I'm not sure I would have enjoyed a 2014 game with this level of stoppage. Brutal.

Eight

If the powers that be care at all about in person attendance, they need to fix the interminable breaks in the "action" that occur with great regularity. I know the NFL and other TV leagues can get away with it because that is where they make the most of their $, but I don't know how much longer I can continue to attend when it is so dang boring. The crap product on the field obviously makes it more difficult, but I'm not sure I would have enjoyed a 2014 game with this level of stoppage. Brutal.

tenor.gif

Wexahu

Quite a few times I've taken friends to games who weren't all that into college football, and I could tell they were completely put out with the stoppages, and really just not enjoying themselves much because of them. To be honest, unless you are really into the game or the weather is absolutely perfect, it can be a beating.

Wexahu

It’s difficult to achieve a consensus on much right now but I don’t know anyone who is going to the games that doesn’t think they have become too long. The NFL can get their games done in about 3 hours and 20 minutes and there is no reason why the college games can’t be made to fit into a similar window.

The difference is apparently only about 15 minutes between NFL and college games, but it feels like so much more. Not sure I even believe it because some NFL games seem to fly by to me.

Shorten halftime from 20 to 18 minutes and shave 30 seconds off the in-quarter commercial breaks. Just little things could trim 8-10 minutes of sitting around staring at the grass grow, and it'd be a noticeable difference.

tcumaniac

In game experience was pretty unenjoyable on Saturday.

Product on the field aside, the 2:30 minute TV timeouts between seemingly every stoppage in play, review, change in possession, timeout, etc. was downright unbearable.

Multiple groups around me grumbling about it. If I'm not an irrational diehard fan, I don't come back to a game in person unless it's a rare big time matchup after that experience.

Wexahu

In game experience was pretty unenjoyable on Saturday.

Product on the field aside, the 2:30 minute TV timeouts between seemingly every stoppage in play, review, change in possession, timeout, etc. was downright unbearable.

Multiple groups around me grumbling about it. If I'm not an irrational diehard fan, I don't come back to a game in person unless it's a rare big time matchup after that experience.

There is a reason why half the seats are empty, even for some of the better games.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You all like that delicious TV money? Well, this is how we get our slice: Annoying advertising. Want more money next season? Then those 3 minute commercial breaks will now be 5 minute commercial breaks.

Enjoy the game!

PO Frog

Halftime is waaayyy too long.
I don’t even mind that as much as I mind the play stoppages that turn into 3 minutes of just sitting there. We had one where there was an injury or review or something and they waited that whole time and then went to a commercial break. What a slog for the attendees. Not sure I’m going back the rest of the year.

Horny4TCU

It just seems like a lot, because there's so many 3 and outs. If Cumbie could actually make a game plan.... commercials wouldn't be so bad.