• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘We have to do a better job.’ TCU football struggles in 21-14 loss to K-State

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘We have to do a better job.’ TCU football struggles in 21-14 loss to K-State

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU lost players to ejection and injury. The defense gave up big plays and didn’t register a sack until the fourth quarter. The offense went three-and-out almost half the time. The special teams had a field goal blocked. And the list goes on.

All of it paved the way for Kansas State to leave with a 21-14 victory over TCU on Saturday afternoon at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

“What I told them downstairs is that I’m disappointed in the loss, not how some of the younger guys played,” TCU coach Gary Patterson said. “In a game where you don’t have many choices, you have to make plays when you’re supposed to make plays and you can’t give them anything and we gave them something.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article246320635.html

Frogs1983

That "performance" Saturday was hard to watch. Reminded me in many ways of TCU Teams I used to suffer through watching in the 70's and 80"s. Team was out played physically on both sides of the ball.

At least back then TCU Coach wasn't getting paid $6 Mil a year (supposedly), and TCU didn't put the $ into facilities for Football they have recently.

Bruce Berry

That "performance" Saturday was hard to watch. Reminded me in many ways of TCU Teams I used to suffer through watching in the 70's and 80"s. Team was out played physically on both sides of the ball.

At least back then TCU Coach wasn't getting paid $6 Mil a year (supposedly), and TCU didn't put the $ into facilities for Football they have recently.

Did you say something?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
"Patterson wasn’t ready to break down his offensive efforts afterward, saying: “I don’t know until I watch the film. I’ll tell ya later."
To roughly quote the wonderful Dan Jenkins: "Why do Coaches always have to "look at the film"? Ask any player and they'll tell you that they lost because somebody fumbled the football or some dumbass missed a block."