• The KillerFrogs

Why was Max pulled?

Apologies if this has been covered but I can’t bring myself to wade through all the post game threads.
Was there an explanation for why max was pulled in 3rd quarter? I assumed it was to prevent him from being murdered after yet another OLine olè, or because he was injured but wanted to continue and coaching staff had a change of heart after watching downing for two series (pick 6 and 3-&out). Otherwise got to be one of the worst in game decisions ever.

They took him to the locker room after warm ups. He came back out after a few minutes and resumed playing so I would have to assume they were evaluating him after the hit he took at the end of the first half.

Paint It Purple

Apologies if this has been covered but I can’t bring myself to wade through all the post game threads.
Was there an explanation for why max was pulled in 3rd quarter? I assumed it was to prevent him from being murdered after yet another OLine olè, or because he was injured but wanted to continue and coaching staff had a change of heart after watching downing for two series (pick 6 and 3-&out). Otherwise got to be one of the worst in game decisions ever.
He rounded the right end, headed up field and got slobber-knocked between the numbers by I’m guessing a KSU safety. Not the O-line fault on this one.

flyfishingfrog

Perhaps both won’t repeat the same mistake. Duggan sure as hell shouldn’t.
I guess - what is Duggan supposed to do, assume the rest of his team will run like a [ hundin] from the defender instead of blocking for him?

look - I like the WR in question but he had a terrible game yesterday

missed 5 or 6 key blocks where the redirect went his way and his man made the tackle, stopped a route with no ball awareness and his man made an interception, didn’t make any big catches

I am going back to the river for the rest of the season - not worth risking COVID at my age for this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]

Last edited:

Eight

found this game clip which explains everything. fitch has lost a great deal of weight:

tenor.gif

Paint It Purple

I guess - what is Duggan supposed to do, assuming the rest of his team will run like a [ hundin] from the defender instead of blocking for him?

look - I like the WR in question but he had a terrible game yesterday

missed 5 or 6 key blocks where them redirect went his way and his man made the tackle, stopped a route with no ball awareness and his made made an interception, didn’t make any big catches

I am going back to the river for the rest of the season - not worth risking COVID at my age for this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]
Which River? Which bug these days?

flyfishingfrog

Which River? Which bug these days?
Any river above a lake with brown trout in it - spawn is starting and the rainbows and males are lining up below the reds just waiting on eggs to float by or the females to want a partner

so throwing a lot of streamers on the swing in front of ones you can see or egg patterns deep in the gravel runs you can’t

but on the cloudy days, the blue wing hatch is starting with the cooler weather so should be good dry fly action as long as the highs stay above freezing

Snow storm Saturday probably killed the last of the hoppers, so big foam is likely done for the year

going to hit the Beaverhead and Bitterroot for a few days and then head south to the Madison, Lower Henry’s and Southfork of the Snake as long as the weather holds out

Paint It Purple

Any river above a lake with brown trout in it - spawn is starting and the rainbows and males are lining up below the reds just waiting on eggs to float by or the females to want a partner

so throwing a lot of streamers on the swing in front of ones you can see or egg patterns deep in the gravel runs you can’t

but on the cloudy days, the blue wing hatch is starting with the cooler weather so should be good dry fly action as long as the highs stay above freezing

Snow storm Saturday probably killed the last of the hoppers, so big foam is likely done for the year

going to hit the Beaverhead and Bitterroot for a few days and then head south to the Madison, Lower Henry’s and Southfork of the Snake as long as the weather holds out
That sounds like being in heaven on earth.

CardFrog

They say he went in for xrays but with the exchange with Kill it looked like they were arguing and then Kenny Hill came over to talk to Max. If he truly got x rays that was the fastest x ray in and out on the planet but maybe that is really what happened. If they pulled Max to give Downing a series and let him throw the ball then someone should be accountable.

Horny4TCU

They pulled him, because Jarrett Anderson coaches the OL and they don't block for crap. You can't keep getting hit the way Max does.

If I was Max's parents, I'd take every OL out for steaks, then ask them to request JA resign from the position. Just to save my son.

Salfrog

Tier 1
They pulled him, because Jarrett Anderson coaches the OL and they don't block for crap. You can't keep getting hit the way Max does.

If I was Max's parents, I'd take every OL out for steaks, then ask them to request JA resign from the position. Just to save my son.

Since Max's father was a very good high school coach, wonder if he could/would consider becoming our OLine coach. He surely couldn't be as bad or any worse than JA.