• The KillerFrogs

Who Can We Reasonably Expect To Take TCU Job?

wilson912

Ok, a lot of us are frustrated. If Gary were to ride off to Nashville after the season, who can we target with an expectation they’d be interested? I’m impressed with Klieman and Campbell but don’t see them leaving.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Ok, a lot of us are frustrated. If Gary were to ride off to Nashville after the season, who can we target with an expectation they’d be interested? I’m impressed with Klieman and Campbell but don’t see them leaving.

Not sure who, but go big or go home. Fort Worth & TCU isn't the pushover it was 20 years ago, and now being in the BIG12. Plus being in a recruiting hotbed has to be enticing to a few very good coaches.

Question would be, do the boosters want a up & coming coach, or an established head coach? We know we can be competitive salary wise because GP makes over $5mil.

No need in going there because GP is still our HC, and let's be honest, he isn't going to be fired and he isn't going to retire yet. The best scenario would be for GP to stay & let his buddies go, and bring in some new blood for the OL, DL, QB, and OC. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen neither.

Horny4TCU

No need in going there because GP is still our HC, and let's be honest, he isn't going to be fired and he isn't going to retire yet. The best scenario would be for GP to stay & let his buddies go, and bring in some new blood for the OL, DL, QB, and OC. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen neither.
I want this more than anything... If we don't go bowling, and not because of covid, I want this for Christmas.

d99a8f337afdbdf2cd7b68670c75d8ab.jpg

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Even a blind man can see that Boys Club has run it's course. Some old buddies are going to have to hit the trail.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing every coach connected with the Offense sent packing. Every. One. After yesterday, I believe we could get better production being coached by random names from the phone book.

4 Oaks Frog

Maybe we can get Tom Herman. He’ll be needing a job soon. This thread is [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]...
GO FROGS!
BEAT SOMEBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!

Jackson

First I must say Coach P’s job is not on the line.
Second.....that was the worst coached TCU Team Gary has ever put on TCU’s field. Our players looked like they’d never been to a Team meeting or on the field practice. The defense has been giving up the big play all season....usually when TCU has their opponent where they want them AND THEN A TOTAL BREAKDOWN!.
The Offense can’t block anybody. That goes for the entire OL AND the Wide Receivers..... no wonder we’ve been able to break long gains on the ground. The passing game is a cluster ***k. TCU has never possessed this kind of weaponry and they can’t execute or score!
Coach P certainly needs a new OL Coach or two AND two less (of the 3) playing the role of OC by committee!

Tumbleweed

Everyone knows this has been a weird year. So many unknowns at this time in the college football ranks.

Pretty certain Gary Patterson will be here a while. TCU will not fire Gary but they will go to Gary and say .. we want you to retire. Maybe they will think up a position that sounds important and retain Gary in that manner for a year. A new pay grade will be tendered but nothing close to the 5 million or so now paid. Maybe that doesn't sound to you like respect but it is.

Now the reason changes won't made. I said in the beginning this has been a weird year. This where you insert revenues or lack thereof. In other words where is the money going to come from to hire a successful coach who on name can bring in top assistant coaches, talented players, etc; to upgrade the program and increase the brand of the school. Revenues are way, way down because of the pandemic. Every school has been hit hard , the money just isn't there to offer three, four or five million to a new coach at this time. Sure you can offer up and coming coach who shows real promise but you just don't hire an up and comer in today's world and 'hope' TCU exceeds in name recognition, revenue, the gamble is just to just too great. Anyway you look at it, TCU has dug a hole for itself and should have realized the spreadsheet does not show a positive continuance. In short TCU has to have new blood, new direction etc. You can expand on this topic for three maybe four more pages.

BTW: if is any consequences, the UT coach will be asked to leave also, except they won't be as considerate as TCU and ask him to leave, it will be an out and out- your fired. There's a big difference between UT and TCU, mainly their pockets are so deep they can pay up an old contact worth 5 million and at the same time offer a new contract worth 7. But UT is adding new seats in the stadium to assist payment so he.... .... had better produce within three years.

Jimbo Fisher saved his job yesterday, at least for three years.

Today's world, .... you better grow revenue like tomatoes and just as quick.

Raw Frog

I would be ecstatic to have Sonny Dykes be the head coach. He seems to not only have the x's and o's in all three phases, knows Texas recruiting and knows how to build a culture and market the product. We are sorely lacking in all of these areas.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I would be ecstatic to have Sonny Dykes be the head coach. He seems to not only have the x's and o's in all three phases, knows Texas recruiting and knows how to build a culture and market the product. We are sorely lacking in all of these areas.

Dykes is definitely a very good offensive minded coach that knows how to put his offensive players in the right situations to produce to their strengths. His main problem has been his defenses. If he could get a very good DC, he could be great here. I would still like to believe Gary still has a fire in him to put another great team back out on field to make a run at a NC before he retires. Time is running out on that hope each game that mediocrity is accepted.

Last edited: