• The KillerFrogs

Pass protection has to improve

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Our QBs are getting killed. Duggan may not survive the season. OL protection has to improve and it starts with coaching. It has been horrible in all three games. That to me is the number one problem with the team.

Can't complain with run blocking. That has been good overall tough we struggled running the ball most of the day till 4th qtr and we end up with 189 yards.

The other complaint on offense for me is we are not involving our best players and playmakers enough. Perhaps the problem is we are trying to keep too many guys happy by trying to get them touches and getting them involved but we need to have our best guys making plays.

K-State did what K-State normally does, especially on defense. Our defense game up one TD. One long QB draw for 80 yards and the interception for a score were really the difference but OL play, especially protecting Duggan or Downing MUST improve and if that means making a coaching change for that unit right now then perhaps that is what must be done.

Overall it felt flat, perhaps a fall off from the excitement of the Texas win.

Last edited:
Max showed us his toughness yesterday, and Top you are correct, he will not last the season.

Offensively, I am afraid what we saw vs KSU is what we are going to see the remainder of this year, every up coming Big 12 D has this figured out how to scheme against this outdated offense...

Defense played a very solid game