• The KillerFrogs

RELAX

Frozen Frog

I grew up watching TCU when the team was bad. I remember TCU football of the 80s. I remember the end of the SWC and wandering in the abyss. In high school there were jokes about being a TCU fan wondering if they played real football in CUSA and the MWC. It was fun winning 10 games a year, but it also came with some high costs. Nothing was guaranteed for TCU athletics. The Frogs could have a great year only to have one game be the difference between a major bowl and a trip to the Poinsettia Bowl.

For many of you how many wins a year are needed to satisfy you? Winning 10+ regular season games isn't easy! The Big 12 wasn't going to stop playing football just because the Frogs arrived. There are still plenty of good teams in the conference. This is P5 football. There are few if any easy games at this level.

I understand the frustrations with the team. Trust me it is annoying to see a team look great one week and flat the next week. Something is likely needed to get this team moving in a positive direction consistently. If you just want wins I am sure that can be arranged playing a weaker schedule like BYU. At least we are playing football this fall which 2 months ago didn't look promising.

Also for everyone calling on coaches to be held accountable you might want to look at a few other schools. How is Nebraska doing since firing Solich in 2003? Do you think Tennessee misses Phil Fulmer? There are plenty of other schools that argued certain records aren't good enough only to wish for mediocrity. Be careful what wish for as the grass isn't always greener.

flyfishingfrog

Geez - here goes the “it used to be worse, so be happy with mediocrity” fan...

well guess what - I played on those teams that would have loved to have beat Texas just once in 4 years and won 4 games a year

and that gives me exactly ZERO satisfaction in our current program or how it has performed in the last 3 years

prior performance is no guarantee of future results - but it is also not a freaking excuse

Farmfrog

So Mr Frozen you won’t be mad if we go back to the 80’s level football? If you are okay with that then it’s a you problem and not the rest of us one.

The Bad Guy

This team is dog [ Finebaum ] and has been for four years. I really don’t care about the 80s, that’s like talking about the cowboys being relevant in the 90s.... Patterson is being paid like an elite coach and he has [ Finebaum ] the bed the past 4 years,

Armadillo

Too late! I haven't been able to relax since 3:10pm today. Anyone have some ambien????

I grew up watching TCU when the team was bad. I remember TCU football of the 80s. I remember the end of the SWC and wandering in the abyss. In high school there were jokes about being a TCU fan wondering if they played real football in CUSA and the MWC. It was fun winning 10 games a year, but it also came with some high costs. Nothing was guaranteed for TCU athletics. The Frogs could have a great year only to have one game be the difference between a major bowl and a trip to the Poinsettia Bowl.

For many of you how many wins a year are needed to satisfy you? Winning 10+ regular season games isn't easy! The Big 12 wasn't going to stop playing football just because the Frogs arrived. There are still plenty of good teams in the conference. This is P5 football. There are few if any easy games at this level.

I understand the frustrations with the team. Trust me it is annoying to see a team look great one week and flat the next week. Something is likely needed to get this team moving in a positive direction consistently. If you just want wins I am sure that can be arranged playing a weaker schedule like BYU. At least we are playing football this fall which 2 months ago didn't look promising.

Also for everyone calling on coaches to be held accountable you might want to look at a few other schools. How is Nebraska doing since firing Solich in 2003? Do you think Tennessee misses Phil Fulmer? There are plenty of other schools that argued certain records aren't good enough only to wish for mediocrity. Be careful what wish for as the grass isn't always greener.

tetonfrog

I still believe GP is a strong defensive coach. My problem with him is he would rather scream all game, every game at his buddies on the offensive staff while our offense plays unorganized, undisciplined and uncoordinated football instead of firing their asses, bringing in fresh blood and winning a national title.

I know loyalty is his biggest strength, but it has now become his biggest weakness.

The Bad Guy

I still believe GP is a strong defensive coach. My problem with him is he would rather scream all game, every game at his buddies on the offensive staff while our offense plays unorganized, undisciplined and uncoordinated football instead of firing their asses, bringing in fresh blood and winning a national title.

I know loyalty is his biggest strength, but it has now become his biggest weakness.

I agree normally but now our defense is looser than a bucks cabaret broad.

This team is dog [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] and has been for four years. I really don’t care about the 80s, that’s like talking about the cowboys being relevant in the 90s.... Patterson is being paid like an elite coach and he has [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] the bed the past 4 years,

You really need to check yourself and grow up you frigging jack-leg. You don’t attack college kids doing their best on this site. How do you think you are callIing these kids dog___t. Big man can talk bull about the team on the internet. What a fool.

The Bad Guy

You really need to check yourself and grow up you frigging jack-leg. You don’t attack college kids doing their best on this site. How do you think you are callIing these kids dog___t. Big man can talk bull about the team on the internet. What a fool.

Where was the attack on student athletes? This team has supposedly had their best recruiting and under performs..... Sooo to make you feel better, the coaches have been dog [ Finebaum ] which was the original point of my post.

TRF51

you need to relax, fans come on these boards to express themselves. He or she was not saying anything about any players.

wilson912

Who in the world has a special assistant to the HC in charge of offense. Take the locks off this offense and let Meacham play aggressively!

Mr. Bigglesworth

Lol you’re a clown. We have almost a 2 billion endowment and money pouring into our program. This is unacceptable. Take a lap