• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: KState vs. TCU

JAB331

I don't question why I put myself through it but I am to the point where I question how much longer Gary is the right guy for the job. We have way too many good players to be this mediocre/bad. We're past it being a bad stretch or a "trend", this is who we are.

Agreed, I feel like I can fully relate to my extended UT family in that we have great talent on the field - we're just missing the coaching to get it done!

netty2424

I've long wanted to go to an offense that Kansas State runs. Fullbacks, multiple tight ends, I formation, run the ball and control the clock.

Every time I have made that suggestion on this board, you all attack me like a pack of hyenas fighting over a zebra carcass because running such an offense would "hurt recruiting".

Who cares? I'd rather run a simplified offense that can be executed and miss on higher rated offensive recruits, that gives our team an identity, rather than continue this offensive mess we have trotted out since Boykin left but still bring in higher rated offensive recruits.
I mean that offense scored 2 TD’s today. It’s not like it is some juggernaut that rolls over defenses. Minus that 80yd QB run, which is 100% a scheme error by GP in the first half, they put up 260 yards of offense.

I’m not arguing with you, honestly asking what about that offense is really attractive? I personally hate watching KSU play because I feel like their offense reminds me of the 80’s.

Mean Purple

[ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. I can name a few posters off the top of my head who do nothing but root against us, as if their vendetta against our coaching staff is personal.
Look, man, I'm fine with you throwing barbs. Your experience on the field gives you line. But claiming people are rooting against their own team for making the same observations you have made at times is just off.
Nobody has vandettas against anybody. But its obvious that there is a coaching issue.

Horny4TCU

How bad is UT this year?

And they took OU to 4 overtimes....

200w.gif

Mean Purple

I mean that offense scored 2 TD’s today. It’s not like it is some juggernaut that rolls over defenses. Minus that 80yd QB run, which is 100% a scheme error by GP in the first half, they put up 260 yards of offense.

I’m not arguing with you, honestly asking what about that offense is really attractive? I personally hate watching KSU play because I feel like their offense reminds me of the 80’s.
I think KSU ran about 26 plays in the second half. Consodering Washington was out and as much defense cant he called, thats some hope. But the offense is beyond bad. And it is coaching. GP brought in Kill, who is a good man. But he was an average coach in the P5.

netty2424

I think KSU ran about 26 plays in the second half. Consodering Washington was out and as much defense cant he called, thats some hope. But the offense is beyond bad. And it is coaching. GP brought in Kill, who is a good man. But he was an average coach in the P5.
100% agree. I’ve read articles about Kill and I’m convinced he’s never done a thing(hyperbole, kinda). I’ll read another article that paints a much more positive picture about what an offensive mind he is and assume he’s going to turn this thing around.

Truth is, it’s probably so very much down the middle that I don’t see this offense really improving enough to make a difference.

The recipe is flawed and it seems the chef is overcompensating with unnecessary ingredients.

Atomic Frawg

I seriously wonder if we game plan offensively for each team we play, or if we just practice "what we do" (which I have yet to ascertain) and go out and try to do it regardless of who we play. It really seems as if we don't identify and exploit other teams' weaknesses. It also doesn't seem as if we recognize what our teams strengths are and rely on those. Am I tripping?