• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: KState vs. TCU

Mean Purple

Those lauding the D should remember who we were playing and know that KSU wasn’t going to try anything at all unless they had to. And they didn’t have to. If a kid doesn’t fall down untouched we’re talking about not making a crucial stop. The D played okay and better than the offense but that’s a very low bar.
Didnt even have their starting qb.

Travis Trucks

I've long wanted to go to an offense that Kansas State runs. Fullbacks, multiple tight ends, I formation, run the ball and control the clock.

Every time I have made that suggestion on this board, you all attack me like a pack of hyenas fighting over a zebra carcass because running such an offense would "hurt recruiting".

Who cares? I'd rather run a simplified offense that can be executed and miss on higher rated offensive recruits, that gives our team an identity, rather than continue this offensive mess we have trotted out since Boykin left but still bring in higher rated offensive recruits.

Horny4TCU

The defense played well enough to win. Outside of that, losing to a solid team hasn't left me feeling this empty in a long time. I don't know who we are. We have the same inconsistencies that we did last year. We even had the chance to secure a bowl game last year, at home, on senior day, and laid an egg, and that team had 5-6 NFL calibre players. So I just don't know what to make of the PROGRAM right now.
I feel dead inside, because I think any fan in the stands could have called a better game...

I feel dead inside, because Jarrett Anderson is still a coach...

I feel dead inside, because we all know this team deserves a better offensive coaching staff and is extremely talented...

Double V

We really won't be good again until/unless GP cleans house on the offensive side of the ball. I have a really hard time believing we can't find coaches that can recruit AND coach...

Pharm Frog

They didn’t have to try and do anything because the offense sucks so bad. I get it, the defense ain’t good, but good god almighty I seriously can’t take any more of this offense. It’s unwatchable. I’m losing interest in TCU football because of it.

I was there quite awhile ago.

Wexahu

I've long wanted to go to an offense that Kansas State runs. Fullbacks, multiple tight ends, I formation, run the ball and control the clock.

Every time I have made that suggestion on this board, you all attack me like a pack of hyenas fighting over a zebra carcass because running such an offense would "hurt recruiting".

Who cares? I'd rather run a simplified offense that can be executed and miss on higher rated offensive recruits, that gives our team an identity, rather than continue this offensive mess we have trotted out since Boykin left but still bring in higher rated offensive recruits.

Since GP himself is not that great a recruiter, I think when looking for assistants he looks first and foremost for recruiters. It shows IMO.

JAB331

They didn’t have to try and do anything because the offense sucks so bad. I get it, the defense ain’t good, but good god almighty I seriously can’t take any more of this offense. It’s unwatchable. I’m losing interest in TCU football because of it.

Defense isn't that good either. For the first time in about 20 years, I'm starting to question why put myself through this. I wonder if the Cheese it bowl will be seen as the turning point and hilarious end to the GCP era. Seriously, I never laughed so hard at a football game in my life..!