• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

And we think we have it bad with Peacock; UK football fans are about to get bent over and done with barbed wire and chalk. EPL matches will be broadcast on PPV for £14.95 per matchday for five matches. Not per month. PER. MATCHDAY.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...uce-pay-per-view-fixtures-on-sky-and-bt-sport
This will hopefully backfire hard. I suspect they're counting on the season ticket holder revenue that they can't get currently to come from PPV broadcasts, but I also suspect this will fail spectacularly. The overleveraged clubs will have a very tough year if they can't get butts in seats.

tcujsauce

Arsene Wenger: “There are different ways to be successful in football. There’s Bayern’s strategy, based on club values and information passed on through generations; and there’s the English strategy: fast money and fast success. Both can work. I prefer having an identity."

My man.

tcujsauce

In Nations League News:

Jogi Löw is washed and needs to be canned ASAP, and whoever takes over Die Mannschaft needs to immediately call Müller, Boa, and Hummels back up. Their backfield is an unmitigated disaster.

Portland Frog

Liverpool just got hosed on a VAR reversal of a goal in stoppage time against Everton to keep the game 2-2. I'm not a Liverpool fan, but if the player was offsides, it was by the hair on his arms.

Edit: It appears there are no EPL games on Peacock today and instead they are being aired on regular NBCSN. Let's all hope this trend continues.

Last edited:

Eight

which line needs to make the biggest amount of improvement or it scheisss up the potential season for its team?

a) chelsea's back line

b) tcu's offensive line