• The KillerFrogs

So I’m just now watching the TCU-Texas game

tcumaniac

I had a major hemorrhagic stroke and was in a coma for like three weeks.
Goodness. Glad to hear you're okay.

Any lessons to be learned from that experience from a symptomatic or preventative perspective? Or is something like that totally random and unpredictable?

tcudoc

Any lessons to be learned from that experience from a symptomatic or preventative perspective? Or is something like that totally random and unpredictable?
It was a whole big thing when it was going on. As someone who is pretty engaged here, I am surprised you were not aware of his previous dire circumstances. We were getting frequent updates from those on the board who know him well and now we are all so grateful that he is back with us on the kfc.

tcumaniac

It was a whole big thing when it was going on. As someone who is pretty engaged here, I am surprised you were not aware of his previous dire circumstances. We were getting frequent updates from those on the board who know him well and now we are all so grateful that he is back with us on the kfc.
Literally completely missed it. How long ago did this happen? Was it mainly talked about in the HASMSP thread (don't check that very often). Otherwise, surprised I didn't come across it.

bleedpurple

Not completely random. I had documented high blood pressure and high cholesterol but I was a pretty healthy individual. I played and worked hard. So the high blood pressure, high altitude (aspen Colorado is where it happened) and high stress from work (I had a landman brokerage and I put oil and gas deals together). I still didn’t think I would stroke out. I figured I had another ten years till I needed to get control of it. I was apparently wrong.

Mean Purple

Wait until you get to the part wear GP gets flagged for a clean block on the ref.
I laughed. There were two penalties on that drive that basically gave Texas a td. That and our red zone issues. We beat Texas more than the score showed.

Froginbedford

Wait until you get to the part wear GP gets flagged for a clean block on the ref.
I laughed. There were two penalties on that drive that basically gave Texas a td. That and our red zone issues. We beat Texas more than the score showed.

Having to kick four FGs instead of getting four TDs made a big difference in the score (duh...beat y'all to it)....Could have been 49-29....

Pharm Frog

I agree. I just want to see the Frogs bury an opponent when it has the chance. Get reps for others and put a lot of junk on film for future games.