• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

We saw Tenet in the Dolby theater at AMC Clearfork. I was looking forward to it and I enjoyed the thing both as a film and an experience. John David Washington, Robert Pattinson and Elizabeth Debicki’s performances were extraordinarily good.

I left the theater a little depressed because I was convinced that while this one one of the loudest events I’ve ever attended - rock concerts included - I must need a hearing aid. I did feel better when I googled “Tenet audio” and up popped about fifteen articles and blogs critical of the muddy and often incomprehensible dialogue. One critic said Christopher Nolan more or less mixed the sound himself, so I suppose this is what he wanted. I think I understand what he was doing but I am anxious to see the movie again with subtitles. I think I followed the premise fairly well but the Princess said she was pretty much lost.

Ron Swanson

I watched “American Murder: The Family Next Door”, a true crime doc on Netflix about a missing wife and her 3 & 4 year old girls. It’s a quick watch, only 80 minutes long.

The documentary was well done and got me physically angry.

Eight

We saw Tenet in the Dolby theater at AMC Clearfork. I was looking forward to it and I enjoyed the thing both as a film and an experience. John David Washington, Robert Pattinson and Elizabeth Debicki’s performances were extraordinarily good.

I left the theater a little depressed because I was convinced that while this one one of the loudest events I’ve ever attended - rock concerts included - I must need a hearing aid. I did feel better when I googled “Tenet audio” and up popped about fifteen articles and blogs critical of the muddy and often incomprehensible dialogue. One critic said Christopher Nolan more or less mixed the sound himself, so I suppose this is what he wanted. I think I understand what he was doing but I am anxious to see the movie again with subtitles. I think I followed the premise fairly well but the Princess said she was pretty much lost.

read more than one comment about the volume and it was loud. curious if that is in part because so much of this is set up prior to ever getting to the theater anymore and the presumption is that there will be actual people in the seats

my wife and i were the only two people in the theater when we saw the movie and even sitting 2/3 of the way back it did get very loud at times

read more than one comment about the volume and it was loud. curious if that is in part because so much of this is set up prior to ever getting to the theater anymore and the presumption is that there will be actual people in the seats

my wife and i were the only two people in the theater when we saw the movie and even sitting 2/3 of the way back it did get very loud at times
I think possibly Nolan intended to disorient the audience. Just my surmise though

Chongo94

I watched “American Murder: The Family Next Door”, a true crime doc on Netflix about a missing wife and her 3 & 4 year old girls. It’s a quick watch, only 80 minutes long.

The documentary was well done and got me physically angry.

Have seen many people discussing this and expressing Your same feelings. May have to check it out.

Pharm Frog

I’ve been news fasting for a while now so maybe this is old but I just read that Warner Bros will be releasing its new content on HBO Max on the same day it releases in whatever is left of theaters. Again...may be old news but this might be the kill shot to the theater business model.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Bump.

We just watched Wonder Woman 84 with the family on HBO Max. I’m so glad we didn’t pay full price to see that at the movie theatre. I loved the first Wonder Woman, “wish” I could unsee this one. Unless you’re a die hard comic book or DC fan it’s one to pass on. Boring, ridiculous plot, silly villain(s), and terrible pacing. The only good thing was the post credit scene, but you have to wade through the 2 and a half hour film for a throw away line for it to make sense.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Bump.

We just watched Wonder Woman 84 with the family on HBO Max. I’m so glad we didn’t pay full price to see that at the movie theatre. I loved the first Wonder Woman, “wish” I could unsee this one. Unless you’re a die hard comic book or DC fan it’s one to pass on. Boring, ridiculous plot, silly villain(s), and terrible pacing. The only good thing was the post credit scene, but you have to wade through the 2 and a half hour film for a throw away line for it to make sense.
Was it bad enough to liquify your bowels Sir?

did you fill your britches?

Eight

Bump.

terrible movie though i will disagree that gal gadot is a good thing as well as the post credit scene

truly amazing how the dc films in large part continue to be terrible (thought the first wonder woman was solid) and the marvel films are so much better overall.

jenkins is the perfect choice for the next star wars movie because she will most likely finish the series off if rogue squadron is anything close to this mess

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I got up and left during the first WW, and it was in my own house. It was headache-inducing stupid. Mrs. Brewingfrog, who endured the whole thing, answered me before I asked: "No, it didn't get any better."

JugbandFrog

Bump.

I haven’t fallen asleep during a movie in ages. This was absolute trash.

HToady

I watch most movies at home and have a surround sound set up with sub woofer. The problem with most action movies is that the action gets too loud and the dialogue, you can barely hear. I find myself constantly raising and lowering the volume. Can't imagine what it would be like in a movie house where you don't have the volume control. Hollywood needs to do better.