• The KillerFrogs

Thanks You Gary! And a Brief History of TCU/UT

steelfrog

Tier 1
Gary has now beat UT for the 7th time in the 9 years TCU has been in the Big12

Yes! Any true TCU fan knows that the "rivalry" with Baylor is not, and that the singular game we want to win every year is UT, for a host of reasons.

TCU didn't beat UT for years until 1927. Zero wins. Then, 1927-1967, the battle was pretty even, at 19-21-1. Then was the Very Bad Times, as Micah might say, when we went 1-28, with the lone win being the 23-14 win adopted by our recently-deceased friend Tony. And now, we are 7-2 in the last 9 years and it feels AWESOME!

We have a ways to go to even the series but 63-27-1 looks better than 61-20-1.

ECoastFrog

I give UT a partial pass, mainly because Surly Horns is so friggin' funny. That said, I'm rooting for OU this weekend. It would be fun for a crappy OU to beat them.

Eight

Yes! Any true TCU fan knows that the "rivalry" with Baylor is not, and that the singular game we want to win every year is UT, for a host of reasons.

TCU didn't beat UT for years until 1927. Zero wins. Then, 1927-1967, the battle was pretty even, at 19-21-1. Then was the Very Bad Times, as Micah might say, when we went 1-28, with the lone win being the 23-14 win adopted by our recently-deceased friend Tony. And now, we are 7-2 in the last 9 years and it feels AWESOME!

wait, who hacked steel's accunt?

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan

UT is the rival we most like to beat; Baylor is the rival to whom we'd least like to loose. Also, in BU's favor, the hate here was intense when Art Briles was Head Coach and Chief Enabler. I consider myself a "true fan" but I must respectifully continue to award the Bears rivalry status also. I can keep two thoughts in my mind simultaneously.