• The KillerFrogs

Eddie Van Halen has died....

froglash88

The scary thing is that some of my colleagues don’t know who he is. Very few of my students know of him.

One of the best. This hit me as hard or harder than Bowie and Tom Petty.

I am going to cherish every moment that we still have who I consider the greatest in Robert Smith.

CUt heRE

BABYFACE

Rock and roll died years ago sadly. I can’t remember the last good new rock and roll band. Greta Van Fleet is rock but, as talented as they are, it’s really just a Led Zeppelin rip off.
Rock and Roll doesn’t have as many newer contemporary acts these days. Off the top of my head, Black Keys, Greta Van Fleet, and The Pretty Reckless. Today’s pop is not rock. Some crosses over to rock and some rock crosses over to pop.

The hard rock and metal genres are still churning out plenty of new bands. Just less of the regular rock n roll variety.

FYI, Van Halen was hard rock.They also had hits that crossed over into mainstream rock and roll.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Rock and Roll doesn’t have as many newer contemporary acts these days. Off the top of my head, Black Keys, Greta Van Fleet, and The Pretty Reckless. Today’s pop is not rock. Some crosses over to rock and some rock crosses over to pop.

The hard rock and metal genres are still churning out plenty of new bands. Just less of the regular rock n roll variety.

FYI, Van Halen was hard rock.They also had hits that crossed over into mainstream rock and roll.
I would wager that my Folks would have gotten the Black Keys far and away more than they got Led Zeppelin (They hated Zep.). Their roots are very throwback, Roaring 20's and Prohibition stuff.

What's old is new again.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
A. think it's a skinny jeans correlation.

B. Ozzy said you can't kill rock n roll. And that dude survived eating bats.

on a different note, maybe Ozzy is the king of antibodies that CDC should be talking to.

I’m not sure I’d believe anything Ozzie says as having any basis in reality.
He’s even said he doesn’t remember half of his life...

Chongo94

Lest we forget The Sword! Those guys melt!

BABYFACE

I would wager that my Folks would have gotten the Black Keys far and away more than they got Led Zeppelin (They hated Zep.). Their roots are very throwback, Roaring 20's and Prohibition stuff.

What's old is new again.
I view Zep as hard rock with a bad azz blues influence.

Eight

And I guess you don’t like nickelback either?

tenor.gif

now you are just trolling

FBallFan123

It didn't die off, it was deliberately murdered. (See: Petty, Tom - "Joe")

Great song.

That Last DJ album pretty much lays it out.

I think of that title track anytime I see some last vestige of rock radio further erode ... like when a “rock” station makes budget cuts or goes off the air.

Or starts playing more pop/hip hop songs ... like Post Malone, who someone mentioned.

Rock music got sold old years ago.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Great song.

That Last DJ album pretty much lays it out.

I think of that title track anytime I see some last vestige of rock radio further erode ... like when a “rock” station makes budget cuts or goes off the air.

Or starts playing more pop/hip hop songs ... like Post Malone, who someone mentioned.

Rock music got sold old years ago.
FrogDJ would be the authority on all. He was in the middle of all that, doing a Morning Drive show for a Rock station that went from AOR, to Corporate Rock, to whatever. I think there's still a station on that frequency, but it plays Tejano rap or something now...

However, for a time, there was a Golden Age of music where giants roamed the airwaves. We still hear the echoes even now.