• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Patterson Receives National Honor

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/10/6/football-patterson-receives-national-honor.aspx

GoFrogs: Patterson Receives National Honor

ATLANTA -- The Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Foundation and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl have announced TCU's Gary Patterson as The Dodd Trophy Coach of the Week, following the Horned Frogs' 33-31 win at No. 9 Texas.

The Dodd Trophy Coach of the Week award honors a football coach who led his team to a significant victory during the previous week, while also embodying the award's three pillars of scholarship, leadership and integrity.

The win at Texas was the 12th over a top-10 team in Patterson's 20 seasons as head coach, a total that ranks third nationally among active coaches at their current school. It was Patterson's 27th victory over a ranked opponent, placing fourth among FBS head coaches with their current school.

Patterson was the 2009 Dodd Trophy Coach of the Year, one of his 22 National Coach of the Year honors.

Horny4TCU

Is it just me, but it just dawned on me that Texas was ranked in the top 10?

How was that a top 10 team? I sure never considered them to be top 10. I wish I was at the game, to chant, "OVERRATED (CLAP, CLAP, CLAPCLAPCLAP)!"

Eight

How was that a top 10 team? I sure never considered them to be top 10. I wish I was at the game, to chant, "OVERRATED (CLAP, CLAP, CLAPCLAPCLAP)!"

how? when you have no big 10 schools playing, no pac schools, and a number of others not playing you had schools like texas and atm rated higher than they should have simply because of their name, they were playing, and in the case of texas won two games

Brog

the one thing you can be sure of is that even if every member of the current UT team decides to transfer, next year at the beginning of the season UT will be ranked in the pre-season top ten. Count on it.