• The KillerFrogs

MACK, CHUCK AND MENSA LULZ

tcumaniac

FOAP- welcome back!!! Not to throw you under the bus too much, but your posts are one of the only reasons I still occasionally get on Facebook. Miss seeing you post on here! Strong first post back!!!

Love reading all the stories of older frogs and their hate for the Longhorns.

I’m 29, the son of two Frogs that graduated in the early 80s, so I certainly have at least somewhat of an appreciation for where we came from as a football program. Most of my friends from TCU, including my wife, didn’t grow up TCU fans, so other than the natural appeal that comes with beating the University of Texas, most of them don’t have any clue or idea how deep the hate for UT runs and truly how sweet every victory against them has been since joining the Big 12.

As I’ve shared on here before, I grew up in Fort Worth as a life long Frog, yet even in our home town, I was the extreme minority. It seemed like EVERYONE was a damn longhorn fan growing up, and they were so darning arrogant and condescending (kids AND their parents). Even during some special moments in time during our climb to relevance (i.e. the sun bowl, LT days, other winning seasons and bowl victories, conference championships, high national rankings, being on the verge of a BCS bowl multiple times, and even winning the rose bowl) UT fans were always so dismissive and self righteous. I truly hate the Texas Longhorns to my core. I can’t imagine what some of you older guys feel.

Beating UT in 2012 on thanksgiving night in Austin will forever be one of my favorite memories of all time. Funny enough, every win since then has continued to be just as sweet.

tcudoc

FOAP- welcome back!!! Not to throw you under the bus too much, but your posts are one of the only reasons I still occasionally get on Facebook. Miss seeing you post on here! Strong first post back!!!

Love reading all the stories of older frogs and their hate for the Longhorns.

I’m 29, the son of two Frogs that graduated in the early 80s, so I certainly have at least somewhat of an appreciation for where we came from as a football program. Most of my friends from TCU, including my wife, didn’t grow up TCU fans, so other than the natural appeal that comes with beating the University of Texas, most of them don’t have any clue or idea how deep the hate for UT runs and truly how sweet every victory against them has been since joining the Big 12.

As I’ve shared on here before, I grew up in Fort Worth as a life long Frog, yet even in our home town, I was the extreme minority. It seemed like EVERYONE was a damn longhorn fan growing up, and they were so darning arrogant and condescending (kids AND their parents). Even during some special moments in time during our climb to relevance (i.e. the sun bowl, LT days, other winning seasons and bowl victories, conference championships, high national rankings, being on the verge of a BCS bowl multiple times, and even winning the rose bowl) UT fans were always so dismissive and self righteous. I truly hate the Texas Longhorns to my core. I can’t imagine what some of you older guys feel.

Beating UT in 2012 on thanksgiving night in Austin will forever be one of my favorite memories of all time. Funny enough, every win since then has continued to be just as sweet.
The details of my life are quite inconsequential...

Mean Purple

I missed FOAP's post on this video yesterday. Then saw it on Surley while killing time on lunch. Nice.
Those guys are gonna get urban for their next coach. That's what they say anyways.

Mean Purple

For us old-timers these wins over Texas are almost surrealistic. There was a time back in my youth (and even later) when Ws over UT were monumental moments of triumph and joy.

The 2020 Frogs are very young, but also very talented. They will vacillate back and forth between brilliant and boneheaded from one play to the next, but I'll love them no matter what.

Given the circumstances - I'm just glad there's football...

Go Frogs!
I remember being happy about surviving fake punts from Tulane on parents weekend.

Froglaw

My Dad played for the Longhorns in the early 50's. One of my very early memories is being carried on his shoulders around Memorial Stadium with the Lettermen while they chanted "Poo-oor Aggies..." while they were beating them silly, probably in '67. We went to another Lettermen's Reunion in '77, and watched Earl Campbell run for a TD every time he had the ball. They were playing Rice, but still...

My Freshman year, at Parent's Weekend, all the Parents came out to watch Band Practice in the Stadium. Everyone was hanging around the Home side of the benches, talking and socializing. All except one. Dad had wandered over to the visiting benches and had a seat. I walked over, and he said, "I spent a few cold, miserable afternoons over here. It was always cold when we played here. The wind just whistled through there," as he gestured towards the north endzone.

In '92, I had the Dad's phone number dialed up to the last number, and when the gun sounded, I hit it. He knew damned well who it was, so when he picked up, he started off with, "Eh. We wuz robbed." We both had a good laugh.

This is the first year I can't call him up and rag on him. I really miss that.

I've tried to call Dad a number of times in the last decade. What I wouldn't give for him to pick up just once.

Memories Sweet!