• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 clarifies last play of UT game

Zubaz

This is what I thought should have happened. Wouldn’t have changed the outcome but would have changed the score for the bettors. I thought perhaps UT just declined.

https://big12sports.com/news/2020/1...6qk-XUsfw-x2i-MUTXcs5zPk0nohpr5r21iY-lszp-43o
That's what I thought as well. The key is it would have still been our ball for the untimed down, not the turnover on downs. That's why the holding was so brilliant. It delays their ability to get to Max giving him more time to run the clock, but costs us nothing on the penalty.

MTfrog5

That's what I thought as well. The key is it would have still been our ball for the untimed down, not the turnover on downs. That's why the holding was so brilliant. It delays their ability to get to Max giving him more time to run the clock, but costs us nothing on the penalty.
Which is why it’s so so important that Kill is here. I’m assuming he was the one that told GP to take a timeout and do it

Shouldn’t there have been a ten second run off the clock too?

ftwfrog

So one untimed down means: no safety? And we take a knee?

Or the safety counts and the untimed down is the free kick?

tcudoc

From the other thread...

This is a very convoluted scenario. Let me preface it by saying the the R was incorrect. However, the only complaint that UT fans night have is that they could have accepted the foul, which takes the points off the board, and made TCU snap it again, hoping they mishandled the snap, which they might have returned for a score. There would have been no ten second runoff. And a 10 yard foul doesn’t carry over to the KO. I “think” I have it right.
@Zebra Frog

Last edited:

tcudoc

Who was it? I’m really curious on this as GP is not the best clock manager
You are correct. Hanna Wells still holds that distinction:

personalized-goodbye-good-luck-crystal-clock-48.jpg