• The KillerFrogs

Wide Receiver sweeps??!!

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Not sure I understand some of the play calling.

We have one of the best, most talented and strong RB corps' in the nation and we run a WIDE RECEIVER sweep from the 1 yard line? Or we throw a Wide Receiver screen from the 1 yard line?!

Gary...........

we wearing skirts now?!

By controlling the Time of Possession and total number of Offensive plays, we kept our Defense fresher and kept Ehlinger off the field. We ran 80 plays they only ran 60!!!
And this TCU O-Line is way better at RUN BLOCKING than it is at Pass blocking.

RUN THE BALL!!!!!

4th. down

Not sure I understand some of the play calling.

We have one of the best, most talented and strong RB corps' in the nation and we run a WIDE RECEIVER sweep from the 1 yard line? Or we throw a Wide Receiver screen from the 1 yard line?!

Gary...........

we wearing skirts now?!

By controlling the Time of Possession and total number of Offensive plays, we kept our Defense fresher and kept Ehlinger off the field. We ran 80 plays they only ran 60!!!
And this TCU O-Line is way better at RUN BLOCKING than it is at Pass blocking.

RUN THE BALL!!!!!

That's Meach and Kill doing that. I've heard that the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line.

ThisIsOurTime

We have a couple WRs who have the speed and agility to make those effective plays and every so often, it becomes a 20+ yard play. I bet if you look at the results as a whole, the production is there. What drives me nuts is we have 1 and 20 and they choose to do a run up the gut which gets stuffed for a loss, no gain or a mere 1 or 2 yard gain 85% of the time. Yet, we still go back to it again and again.

namollec

That's Meach and Kill doing that. I've heard that the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line.

That could be part of the problem. Sometimes when running in a straight line, we only go the shortest distance..

Perhaps longer runs are accomplished by not running in a straight line.

Armadillo

I think our coaches felt we were faster than they were (when we were on offense), plain and simple.

I agree we ran the play more than a few times, but it worked more than it didn't

I expect to see it a couple times next Saturday.

Froggish

The running and throwing side to side in the RZ is about the only criticism I've had of the play calling. Would like to see us play downhill. I'm good with running or throwing as long as we are we calling plays with purpose down there. Play physical and use some play action.

Those Jet sweeps have been really effective between the 20's but inside it they get a lot easier to defend.

helcap

Why try to stretch the defense out. We should encourage them to stack the middle where our superior OL can knock them down like bowling pins <sarcasm font>

Eight

Why try to stretch the defense out. We should encourage them to stack the middle where our superior OL can knock them down like bowling pins <sarcasm font>

spreading them out is one thing, but when texas was already shading towards the hashes and you are handing the ball off it wasn't that hard for the texas defense to keep the ball carrier from turning the corner down in the red zone.

frogs backs once again averaged close to 5 a carry this game and the only reason they got slowed down was by play calling.

helcap

spreading them out is one thing, but when texas was already shading towards the hashes and you are handing the ball off it wasn't that hard for the texas defense to keep the ball carrier from turning the corner down in the red zone.

frogs backs once again averaged close to 5 a carry this game and the only reason they got slowed down was by play calling.
Your math is different than mine. WR's had 5 rushing attempts which I don't consider excessive. Also RB's averaged 4.45 net YDS per carry, which is closer to 4 than 5.
But my real point was the last couple of seasons running the ball up the middle on 3rd and short has not been as high a percentage play as it should be given our OL's inability to move the Defense back and prevent penetration. I have yet to see anything this season so far which makes me think differently. I would love to be wrong