• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Texas

SuperBarrFrog

Yep. Wallow saw the RB reach the ball out and punched it loose. Granted, allowing the opponent to go 74 yards to get to your one-yard line in like four plays isn’t ideal, but that was a great play from GW when one had to be made.

Actually Wallow said he had no idea he knocked the ball loose but that he had made the stop nonetheless.

Endless Purple

Any driver can go out and buy an expensive and fast car but it does not make you a great driver even if you win a lot over other cars. A great driver can win without the most expensive car.

Same with teams and players. A great team is not one that recruited (or bought in some cases east) the most 5 stars. It is one that doesn't win every play but steps up and makes the plays when necessary. A player that makes that catch when the first down is must have, bats down a pass for 2 points or knocks a ball loose (or just make a stop) to avoid going down in the last minutes. It can be a mental thing as much as physical.

Is this team great, probably not yet, but there are some players stepping up to play great when needed. See where it takes us.

froginmn

Did anyone see a better replay of the UT TD right at the goal line? They never did show a view right down the goal line that I recall. From what I saw it didn’t appear he ever broke the plane. Not that it matters now...
It's kinda staggering to me that every crew doesn't set up four cameras at each goalline - one on each side at field level and a couple from higher elevations (second deck or suspended via cable).

Maybe the officials have something like that...

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
It's kinda staggering to me that every crew doesn't set up four cameras at each goalline - one on each side at field level and a couple from higher elevations (second deck or suspended via cable).

Maybe the officials have something like that...

........excuse me, I always get distracted by PurpleBlood’s gif

One thing ESPN does right is put cameras in the corner pylons.

Mean Purple

Did anyone see a better replay of the UT TD right at the goal line? They never did show a view right down the goal line that I recall. From what I saw it didn’t appear he ever broke the plane. Not that it matters now...
I wondered about that.

folks trying to say that if they had not fumbled, we would not have won. Others point out, there was enough time for Max to drive the field and win, so that line won't fly.

Not to mention that we left 16 points off the board when we had to settle for 3 in the red zone those trips. Some of that was just screwy play calling. We should have at least had 8 of those points.

Reality, we made more plays than Texas. And they could not establish a run game well on us. The D took a lot of that away from them.

So, we’re there any Matthew McConaughey sightings at the game or did he just listen to the game in the safety of his Lincoln?
He was there.

EjfruKeWsAEEA3P