• The KillerFrogs

Austin Game Grades

Atomic Frawg

Ultimately, what you want to see is improvement from week to week. Last year as the season went on it seemed as if we actually got worse. However there was noted improvement in many aspects of this game.

Overall Offense: B+
457 total yards, 226 Rushing, 231 Passing, Won TOP 34:51/25:09

QB Play: A
Duggan showed good command of the offense, and but for holding the ball too long on the series where he took a sack, played with good confidence and leadership. He went 20/30 for 231 through the air, and 17/79 with two TDs on the ground.
The running backs got a good lather and didn't turn the ball over. Didn't notice any obvious blown protections by the RBs (I put those on the line). The receivers proved themselves gamey, and there are some stars in the making. Not many notable drops. Untimely penalties by the offense killed to many drives, downgrading the score, along with o-line play.

Offensive Line: C+
They showed significant improvement over last week. Run blocking was solid. However, pass protection was still wanting. They didn't pick-up stunts very well and aren't winning one-on-ones. Gave up nine TFLs...no bueno. BUT they did improve.

Play Calling: B+
Had way better balance. Moved the ball well between the 20s. RZ play calling was shaky, leading to FGAs instead of touchdowns. That was this week's bane. Otherwise, the score would've been higher.

Defense: C+
It improved. Ehlinger was held under 50% on completions and had to dump the ball because of good coverage. HOWEVER, we still had too many blown coverages the lead to big plays (there were at least five plays that had 30+ yards gained) on the ground and by air. The defensive
gave Ehlinger too much time in the pocket, and pressure from the ends was almost nonexistent. The secondary picked them up on more than one occasion. They did have a "great players make great plays" moment in forcing a fumble at the goal line to help seal the win.

Special Teams: B
Looked like we have a confident kicker this week. When his number was called, he produced, going 4/4. No turnovers on punt returns, and Spielman is looking like Reagor 2.0.

They improved.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

I think most are fair but too generous on the special teams by a lot. Grade ceiling for me would have been a B- after the first two plays of the game and that’s before considering the 4-point gift on the offsides on the UT FG.

InstaFrog

I think most are fair but too generous on the special teams by a lot. Grade ceiling for me would have been a B- after the first two plays of the game and that’s before considering the 4-point gift on the offsides on the UT FG.
I’d like to see those two offside calls on the kickoffs. That official crew was the 2020 version of the Apple Dumpling Gang. Neither team could get out of it’s own way ( I was convinced LVZ’s dumbass personal foul after the pick was going to cost us the game), but the zebras didn’t help.

Atomic Frawg

Ahhh, yes. I overlooked that play. I think I subconsciously blocked it from my mind because it was such a horrible play. The offsides plays on the opening kickoffs were a bit knitpicky for me. But I am comfortable with downgrading from the A to a B. I look for special teams not to lose the game. If it wins the game that's gravy.

Horny4TCU

Offensive line was a B-

H4T you are trying way too hard
You related to Anderson?

They went full Waterboy on Max a couple times. I would hate to be Max's ribs tomorrow morning.
4h9apk.jpg

HG73

LVZ penalty after his interception and offsides on the field goal made my head explode. There's penalties and there's insanely dumb penalties.

BUT WE WON, so all is well.