• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Texas

Horny4TCU

I am by no means surprised that we won this game. It's what we do. Tighten the defense up, which I think we will, and the season becomes more manageable...as long as their youth doesn't let them get the big head.
If don't fix the OL, Duggan might not make it through the season... let alone the physical team of KState.

I don't know what to think after that. Duggan is great and will only get better. The receivers can catch. The OL is good on most run plays but still needs help on passing plays. Like they said during the game the defense is good for 9 plays in a row then gives up a big play - 2 weeks in a row doing this. The run game is looking better and better. Johnston is going to be a star, he needs 4-8 targets a game. The season is looking up.

And Baylor lost.

I think the sky is the limit on Max. That guys is a fighter and wills his way to win, he can only get better with more experience, he looked off that safety- for the TD run. He’s more accurate this year with better touch on both deep and long balls. His running speaks for its self!

Go Max! Go Frogs!

Virginia Frog

Easy answer, how many kids did you know growing up wanting to be a Horn? Such is life for a small private school.

But the good news is, we don’t need to in order to beat them...
TCU's not the "small" school anymore.

Our UG's enrollment is bigger than all but 6 of 17 Division 1 Football Privates.
(USC, BYU, Syracuse, Miami, Baylor, Stanford.)

But the TCU footballers are still the "cockroaches" , - that is UT's eternal nemesis.

Endless Purple

Lots of moaning and world ending in much of the end of this thread. There were issues in the game, with penalties esp., but there were a lot of good things to see. 457 yards of offense even with the mistakes is not bad. UT had 388 yards only and Ehlinger is sharp with a line that can give him protection, so not too bad for the D. I am looking forward to watching future games this season. Great win Frogs.