• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Patterson explains why TCU RB Zach Evans didn't play Saturday

Wexahu

agree, but i don't think it is only a matter of a player deserving all the snaps

when baylor was in the heyday of the briles hunh they would throw a large number of receivers in the rotation as much to wear out the secondaries they faced as anything else.

the frogs aren't running that tempo so what is actually achieved by running a large number of receivers on the field?

Right. Is rotating all those players really increasing our chances of winning? Or is it just so we can get a bunch of guys some playing time? It sure seems like the latter. If it's the former, I'd like to hear an explanation of how.

You could tell a difference in Iowa State in how they made adjustments, set plays up, and attacked certain weaknesses in our defense. We on the other seem like we go into a game wanting to do a whole bunch of different stuff and we just make sure we use it all at one point or another, game situation or flow be damned.

CountryFrog

think this is a very real possibility as well as the lack of a full spring

the one thing that shouldn't take long to identify is if you have a player who truly has skills / abilities different from other players on your roster

quentin is an example as the frogs just don't have many receivers who are that size and run that well.

he appears to have the size to take advantage of smaller corners and the speed to out run slower, bigger corners

would seem it comes down to a mindset of do you emphasize putting players in your system or does your system emphasize what your players can do over the system?
Something is seriously wrong if we don't see more of Johnston and Spielman at WR as the season progresses. Those two plus Barber and Wells seem like a solid 4 worthy of lots of snaps imo.

Eight

This offense is going to be really damn good next year and will show some serious flashes this year. I was very encouraged in the second half even with issues at OL

think there is great potential for this year, but we have to force defenses to defend both the run and the pass and they to get certain players who have the ability to change games with the ball in their hands off the sideline on in the play calls