• The KillerFrogs

Why was one of our biggest offensive weapons not on the field till late?

GetToTheQB

Go look up Spielman on the Nebraska all time stats. He is third in receptions and yards ALL TIME at Nebraska (very close to the record when he transferred) and we didn’t throw him one ball. I guess 2x all big 10 is not good enough for Gary. Wish our media would ask questions like this.

Moose Stuff

Go look up Spielman on the Nebraska all time stats. He is third in receptions and yards ALL TIME at Nebraska (very close to the record when he transferred) and we didn’t throw him one ball. I guess 2x all big 10 is not good enough for Gary. Wish our media would ask questions like this.

He caught one pass, not that it changes your point.

Ranidaphobia

Spielman and Barber should definitely be rotating in and out of the game more often. Especially considering their lighter bodies, they could potentially take some big hits. I could have sworn I saw Zach Evans suited up on the sidelines on TV. Commentators mentioned that they hadn't seen him yet and they zoomed in on him. I could be wrong though, at that point I was drinking my sorrows away.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
I was under the impression that Spielman has a lot to learn about our play book. I'm quite sure we'll see plenty of him this year. Evans was suited up on the sidelines but don't think he got any carries.

then the playbook is too complicated, a 22 year old veteran should be able to easily learn it. It’s all about simplifying and all 11 knowing what to do each and every play

jake102

Spielman and Barber should definitely be rotating in and out of the game more often. Especially considering their lighter bodies, they could potentially take some big hits. I could have sworn I saw Zach Evans suited up on the sidelines on TV. Commentators mentioned that they hadn't seen him yet and they zoomed in on him. I could be wrong though, at that point I was drinking my sorrows away.

He was definitely suited up. I’m not 100% sure I buy the suspended rumors, although I have a near impossible time coming to grips with him not getting a carry while a fellow true freshman who was substantially lower ranked got a few

Chongo94

Cannot stand our policy or philosophy on WR rotation or whatever the scheiss they want to call it and things like Zach Evans getting zero carries while numerous others get at least 1 carry. It is mind boggling at times.

Sometimes, and I know I’ll take some heat for this, it seems as if this staff has absolutely ZERO idea as to whom the best players might be. Shouldn’t you have a general idea on some of them by now??

I’m not saying I do either. But I would at least give some players time to find out rather than swapping them every other play or only bringing them in for one play every 2 series.

Wexahu

Cannot stand our policy or philosophy on WR rotation or whatever the scheiss they want to call it and things like Zach Evans getting zero carries while numerous others get at least 1 carry. It is mind boggling at times.

Sometimes, and I know I’ll take some heat for this, it seems as if this staff has absolutely ZERO idea as to whom the best players might be. Shouldn’t you have a general idea on some of them by now??

I’m not saying I do either. But I would at least give some players time to find out rather than swapping them every other play or only bringing them in for one play every 2 series.

The rotations of all our skill players is mind-boggling to me, and has been for some time. Just way to many incidents of a guy making some plays early on only to never be seen for four straight possessions, and then vice versa, a guy showing up later in the game in crunch time that you damn near forgot was on the roster. It's like the coaches are hell bent on NOT allowing anyone to really get into a rhythm.

Find your two best running backs and your six best receivers and play them on 95% of the snaps and be done with it. This deal where each RB gets 2-3 carries and 10 receivers get targeted in a game is counter-productive.

Sometimes our offensive coaching staff makes it really hard to believe that they know what in the hell they are doing.

Chongo94

The rotations of all our skill players is mind-boggling to me, and has been for some time. Just way to many incidents of a guy making some plays early on only to never be seen for four straight possessions, and then vice versa, a guy showing up later in the game in crunch time that you damn near forgot was on the roster. It's like the coaches are hell bent on NOT allowing anyone to really get into a rhythm.

Find your two best running backs and your six best receivers and play them on 95% of the snaps and be done with it. This deal where each RB gets 2-3 carries and 10 receivers get targeted in a game is counter-productive.

Sometimes our offensive coaching staff makes it really hard to believe that they know what in the hell they are doing.

You said it better than I did.

ETXFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass

AGREED! Playing WR is like playing chess, you run your routes different ways and release off the line of scrimmage with various moves and stems to set up the DB. Kinda of hard to set up a DB and lull them to sleep when we keep rotating our receivers.

Eight

AGREED! Playing WR is like playing chess, you run your routes different ways and release off the line of scrimmage with various moves and stems to set up the DB. Kinda of hard to set up a DB and lull them to sleep when we keep rotating our receivers.

trust the system, trust the scheme......

McFroggin

Barber can rotate around the bench for awhile.