• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iowa State at TCU

Wexahu

brown is not an accurate passer

for some reason though the offensive brain trust has decided to ride with downing over ride the backs

Iowa state is daring tcu to run the ball and the meacham/combie plan instead is go fast and the offense continues to [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] on itself

my preference, any time frogs go 5 wide and take a back off the field sonny and meacham get kicked in the balls

yes, the 5-wide stuff and tempo doesn’t fool anyone anymore. I hate this brand of offense, but I’m afraid we’re stuck with it.

TX_Krötenechse

we've been told we have the ultimate qb whisperer coaching them.
Real talk, Cumbie is a bad QB coach and has always been a bad QB coach. The only times QB play has gotten better under him is when we’ve adjusted the offense to the QB’s strengths or when they’ve gotten more experience. I have yet to see a QB develop better mechanics or techniques under his guidance.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Surprised a bit that there isn’t more heat on the D.
They've had two bonehead errors, one a placement blunder and one a blown assignment, and ISU had the exact play called to take advantage. Go figure.

I do find it funny that somebody said of ISU early "They're not covering the wheel route. I hope somebody spots that." Looks like the more alert Assistants are in the visiting Coaches booth...

JugbandFrog

I think we were all hoping that, but that isn’t the kind of offense that TCU has run since before 2014
We have the packages, we have the personnel, and Kill has the experience. With ALL that time to prep, you would think they would see what was there and go with what wouldn’t put the game in the shoulders of an inexperienced QB.

plus, wasn’t Downing out for a while?

I just don’t get it. I thought Kill would be the guy who got us focused offensively on what is working and what we have.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
At least we’ve held them to under 17 like we were targeting for a victory.......oh wait, that’s just 1st half!!
Typically we give up less points as the game progresses. Hopefully that holds true here and our offense finds a way to adjust for the bad OLine play.

Moose Stuff

Real talk, Cumbie is a bad QB coach and has always been a bad QB coach. The only times QB play has gotten better under him is when we’ve adjusted the offense to the QB’s strengths or when they’ve gotten more experience. I have yet to see a QB develop better mechanics or techniques under his guidance.

I don't understand why we're focusing on this as the problem in the first half. Our QB played as about as good as we could have expected TBH.