• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iowa State at TCU

Eight

Is Brown really worse than Downing?
Why not put him in and see if there is a spark. They gave Delton a chance last year. What can it hurt?

brown is not an accurate passer

for some reason though the offensive brain trust has decided to ride with downing over ride the backs

Iowa state is daring tcu to run the ball and the meacham/combie plan instead is go fast and the offense continues to [ Finebaum ] on itself

my preference, any time frogs go 5 wide and take a back off the field sonny and meacham get kicked in the balls

TCUWIN

Is Brown really worse than Downing?
Why not put him in and see if there is a spark. They gave Delton a chance last year. What can it hurt?
Patterson said Brown has a package in for this week. So I take that to mean Brown isn’t even suited up or in the stadium. I trust absolutely nothing Patterson says to the media. One day he will announce his retirement, but I won’t believe it until the next game and he is not on the sideline.

JugbandFrog

I dunno why some of y’all thought that us starting a walk-on was going to end up with Patrick Mahomes in the backfield. Tempter y’all’s expectations a bit is my advice
I was hoping that we’d see more Ware, Wells, and Lynn with a heavy dose of running with our talented backs, and not lining up 4 and 5 wide and hoping Downing wins us the game.

netty2424

brown is not an accurate passer

for some reason though the offensive brain trust has decided to ride with downing over ride the backs

Iowa state is daring tcu to run the ball and the meacham/combie plan instead is go fast and the offense continues to [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] on itself

my preference, any time frogs go 5 wide and take a back off the field sonny and meacham get kicked in the balls
Why would we over look the ‘accurate passer’ metric during the evaluation? Seems like a box that should get a check when recruiting a QB.

PurpleBlood87

Patterson said Brown has a package in for this week. So I take that to mean Brown isn’t even suited up or in the stadium. I trust absolutely nothing Patterson says to the media. One day he will announce his retirement, but I won’t believe it until the next game and he is not on the sideline.

He's on the sideline but no where near the offensive coaches. I guess some of that is sarcasm.

Eight

I dunno why some of y’all thought that us starting a walk-on was going to end up with Patrick Mahomes in the backfield. Tempter y’all’s expectations a bit is my advice

then you don't ask him to carry the offense

no two back sets, no use of tight end or h-back to chip the ends and there is no reason that offensive line should be that bad other than they are being put in schemes that don't fit them

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I was hoping that we’d see more Ware, Wells, and Lynn with a heavy dose of running with our talented backs, and not lining up 4 and 5 wide and hoping Downing wins us the game.
Have you considered a career in coaching?

Couldn't be any worse than some fellows currently employed...