• The KillerFrogs

It's Gameday boys, girls and MACAROONS : Iowa State at TCU!

CryptoMiner

Almost more excited for the players and coaches.

Expectations are mixed as the Frogs opened a 2.5 dog at home to an Iowa State team that laid a fat one against ULaLa a few weeks ago. So is Vegas wrong?

One of the biggest reasons for the line is the unknown at QB and kinda for both teams. Purdy for IOSt could hit an open receiver against Louisiana but he is expected to return to his former self. TCU will start Matthew Downing who has not thrown a pass in a game for the Frogs. However Max Duggan should be ready to go if Downing struggles.

Lots to look forward to seeing from TCU however. A highly touted secondary, one of the nations best linebackers, 2 five star rated players out of high school, highly sought after transfers and some young talent that is making waves on the practice field.

Iowa State got burned by returns on kick offs and punts and JD Spielman will try and continue those woes when he is on the field returning punts for TCU.

Line play will be key as the Cyclones bring a big O-line and normally a stout D-line which did not live up to its expectations in their opener.

Parker Workman is one to watch. Hampered by injuries since he arrived as a highly regarded pass-rusher at Snow College. He is now healthy and was impressive in the fall..

The Frogs also have a relatively new offensive line, 24 starts among the first teamers led by Austin Myers with 13. However, Andrew Coker, Wes Harris and Esteban Avila were highly recruited out of high school and bring new expectations. Quazzel White was solid at OG last season and hopefully that continues.

Last edited:

4 Oaks Frog

I don’t have any expectations. I am just stoked to have Frog Football, once again. There are so many unknowns to have expectations. I feel in my heart that we are going to be good, hopefully great, this season. At this point, who really knows. But, we gona find out in just a bit, because this [ Finebaum ] is fixin to get started, Y’all! Bow-up now Frogs, cause it’s Gameday!!
GO FROGS!
BEAT ISU!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!

CryptoMiner

I don’t have any expectations. I am just stoked to have Frog Football, once again. There are so many unknowns to have expectations. I feel in my heart that we are going to be good, hopefully great, this season. At this point, who really knows. But, we gona find out in just a bit, because this [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] is fixin to get started, Y’all! Bow-up now Frogs, cause it’s Gameday!!
GO FROGS!
BEAT ISU!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!

I am with you. I have a feeling this is a very good team and Patterson has brought in some very good offensive minded coaches to help transition that side of the ball. However, until you see it on the field it is hard to get your hopes up too much.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I am with you. I have a feeling this is a very good team and Patterson has brought in some very good offensive minded coaches to help transition that side of the ball. However, until you see it on the field it is hard to get your hopes up too much.

I hope you are right, but in the first game with an untried QB and lots off rust to remove, against a team that had a chance to knock some of theirs off, I’m not feeling very confident no matter how bad ISU looked. 2020 has not instilled a lot of confidence in anything. Hoping today is a turn for the better...

Froggish

Anyone who says they have a good read on this game is lying. This is about as murky waters as I ever seen in a game. What I do know is ISU will be well coached and they had two weeks to address the game 1 mistakes that TCU will just seeing for the first time.

Here is something sneaky about this game though...Dating back to last season, ISU has actually lost 5 of their last 7 and all but 1 of those losses was within a score in the 4th. We could play damn good football today and we’ll still likely be in a dogfight in the 4th.