• The KillerFrogs

Depth Chart Released

Putt4Purple

Hahahaaha. Yeah suuuuuureee.

You guys may snicker at my post but there is a reason Evans is listed as number 5 on the depth chart. Its not because of his lack of talent or potential. Its because we are loaded at running back and coach P has every intent to redshirt him. Yes he may get playing time in a couple of games such as Barlow and Foster did last season but Evans is not in the long term plans at running back this year unless there are a rash of injuries. Go Frogs!

Shorty

You guys may snicker at my post but there is a reason Evans is listed as number 5 on the depth chart. Its not because of his lack of talent or potential. Its because we are loaded at running back and coach P has every intent to redshirt him. Yes he may get playing time in a couple of games such as Barlow and Foster did last season but Evans is not in the long term plans at running back this year unless there are a rash of injuries. Go Frogs!
How many people have to tell you that NO ONE is losing a year of eligibility this season?

06DallasFrog

There is no loss of scholarship and playing eligibility this year. If that is the plan, staff should refund their salaries.

Wexahu

Hahahahaha

Putt4Purple

There is no loss of scholarship and playing eligibility this year. If that is the plan, staff should refund their salaries.

You are correct on your point on no loss of scholarship or eligibility. I hear you guys, I understand that point. My point is Coach P has always stressed and you should know this by now that he is growing and teaching young men. College life at 18 is a big transitions from High School. No matter how talented you may be, Coach P has always made sure the young man is settled in life as a student first before being a football player.
Having said that I know coach P's long term welfare for Evans is to make sure he is settled as a College student first before being the lead running back for TCU this season especially when we are so very talented at running back already. Get it?
Not hard to figure out if your mature and look at the BIG picture not just the short term gain you may have as fan.
Go Frogs!

06DallasFrog

You are correct on your point on no loss of scholarship or eligibility. I hear you guys, I understand that point. My point is Coach P has always stressed and you should know this by now that he is growing and teaching young men. College life at 18 is a big transitions from High School. No matter how talented you may be, Coach P has always made sure the young man is settled in life as a student first before being a football player.
Having said that I know coach P's long term welfare for Evans is to make sure he is settled as a College student first before being the lead running back for TCU this season especially when we are so very talented at running back already. Get it?
Not hard to figure out if your mature and look at the BIG picture not just the short term gain you may have as fan.
Go Frogs!

Ah yes, you got me with the ol' "Leave my point out of my first post" bit. I've been on the board for 14 years now. Should have seen that coming.

Wexahu

Go Frogs!

We've had plenty of true freshman play right away in the past. If he's better than the others he's going to play ahead of them, period. Regardless of how well adjusted he is to college life.

Do you think Mike Freeze was adjusted to college life and settled in when he started the first game of his career?

CountryFrog

Go Frogs!
Probably time for you to give up on this and take the L.

Putt4Purple

We've had plenty of true freshman play right away in the past. If he's better than the others he's going to play ahead of them, period. Regardless of how well adjusted he is to college life.

Do you think Mike Freeze was adjusted to college life and settled in when he started the first game of his career?

Really? Mike Freeze! Your using him as an example? He was not adjusted to college life even though he did start as a freshman because he left the team in his first year as a freshman. Hello, your making my point for me! You guys are taking my opinion about Evans as blaspheme. I hope he starts and wins the Heisman Trophy! Is that good enough for you? If I said that I would not be taken seriously as my opinion otherwise about Evans playing this year. Jeez! My opinion is he will be red shirted barring a rash of injuries.
Go Frogs!

Wexahu

Really? Mike Freeze! Your using him as an example? He was not adjusted to college life even though he did start as a freshman because he left the team in his first year as a freshman. Hello, your making my point for me! You guys are taking my opinion about Evans as blaspheme. I hope he starts and wins the Heisman Trophy! Is that good enough for you? If I said that I would not be taken seriously as my opinion otherwise about Evans playing this year. Jeez! My opinion is he will be red shirted barring a rash of injuries.
Go Frogs!

What don't you understand? Nobody is going to be redshirted this year, for obvious reasons. Even if this was a normal year, red-shirting him would be idiotic, Evans has already said he plans on being in college for 3 years.

You're making no sense.

Yes, I'm using Mike Freeze as an example that GP will play the best players, regardless of their classification, their adjustment to college, or anything else.

Putt4Purple

What don't you understand? Nobody is going to be redshirted this year, for obvious reasons. Even if this was a normal year, red-shirting him would be idiotic, Evans has already said he plans on being in college for 3 years.

You're making no sense.

Yes, I'm using Mike Freeze as an example that GP will play the best players, regardless of their classification, their adjustment to college, or anything else.

Evans is number 5 on the depth chart for a reason. Take that for what it is. You may not like it. Red shirt status or not. He will be limited on his playing time this year. Evans may or may not play only 3 years. That is on him. Coach P will play only the player he thinks deserves playing time. Barlow, Foster and DeMercardo have earned the playing time and will play most of this year.

CountryFrog

Go Frogs!
Again with the red shirt. Just stop and move on to something else.

CardFrog

The depth chart is probably good for the 1st quarter or half, after that it may/will change. Lets just see what happens. It would not be the 1st time that GMFP uses depth charts to send a message. Bring it Cyclones!

CryptoMiner

snicker

Technically he is in the third spot with two others. :)