• The KillerFrogs

Depth Chart Released

Eight

Overall I'm impressed with the youth of this team. We seem to hear that every year I know but there is stability in our recruiting now. The youth of the secondary is especially impressive. Go Frogs!

agree we hear it every year, but the frogs are really young when you consider seniors who have actually played

0 seniors in the secondary
1 senior at linebacker
2 seniors who have truly played for tcu in workman and bethley (jackson is a transfer who may miss the season and bowen has played in a handful of games)

3 seniors in the offensive line and two are at the same position and the third is way down the depth chart
1 senior at running back
1 receiver at wide receiver (hopefully he can stay healthy)
0 seniors at quarterback
1 senior tight end

interesting that neither barlow nor hayes are on the depth chart in the offensive line

not sure i can recall a depth chart where the frogs have listed 9 defensive tackles. good luck to big z managing that rotation on game day

ThisIsOurTime

My thoughts
1. On paper, the OL looks to be pretty good size which usually has bode well for our running game. Also, the RBs are all over 200 lbs save Evans at 195 so that can't hurt.
2. Good to see Dylan Thomas fight back from his latest injury and hoping he has a solid year that is injury free.
3. We absolutely have to take advantage of our experience at TE. That has to become a priority for us with three veteran players.
4. Noticed they have Pro Wells as a starting WR which is interesting given his size and weight. He will have a mismatch advantage and I like this because it likely could give him more touches. 250 lbs is big for a WR as it reminds me of David Boston after his "workout gains."
5. Seeing Blair Conwright ahead of Mikel Barkley is disappointing as we need Barkley to produce this year. But maybe Conwright is an upgrade or maybe GP is trying to light a fire under Barkley.
6. Hoping we can get production from or DEs as the rest of the unit should be able to produce barring injuries.

Moose Stuff

My thoughts
1. On paper, the OL looks to be pretty good size which usually has bode well for our running game. Also, the RBs are all over 200 lbs save Evans at 195 so that can't hurt.
2. Good to see Dylan Thomas fight back from his latest injury and hoping he has a solid year that is injury free.
3. We absolutely have to take advantage of our experience at TE. That has to become a priority for us with three veteran players.
4. Noticed they have Pro Wells as a starting WR which is interesting given his size and weight. He will have a mismatch advantage and I like this because it likely could give him more touches. 250 lbs is big for a WR as it reminds me of David Boston after his "workout gains."
5. Seeing Blair Conwright ahead of Mikel Barkley is disappointing as we need Barkley to produce this year. But maybe Conwright is an upgrade or maybe GP is trying to light a fire under Barkley.
6. Hoping we can get production from or DEs as the rest of the unit should be able to produce barring injuries.

Conwright is gonna be good.

Wexahu

My thoughts

Confused about #5. Why do we need to see Barkley produce more than we need to see anyone else produce? If Conwright beats him out, why is that a bad thing?

Wexahu

It probably means Barkley was a miss unless Conwright is very good.

Barkley was ranked the #103 JUCO recruit when we landed him and best I can tell, didn't have many, if any, other P5 offers. If you put any stock in recruiting credentials, he's one of the lowest-rated kids we have. Him not playing wouldn't be much of an upset IMO.

asleep003

he is a senior, works hard, put in his time, team leader, high character, insert other coaching platitudes etc....

2019 Rushing Stats.

Barlow - 22 caries at 4.5 ypc ... long 14 yds ... after long = 4.25 ypc

Demercado - 18 carries at 3.6 ypc ... long 20 yds ... after long = 2.65 ypc

Foster - 8 carries at 8.3 ypc ... long 22 yds ... after long = 6.3 ypc

Eight

2019 Rushing Stats.

and? once again after one of your posts no one knows what the scheiss you are trying to prove

Putt4Purple

2019 Rushing Stats.

Your point is? A lot of stats but no substance. All three have very little playing time to make any judgment. Lets give them the ball and let them run before we judge. My hutch is both Barlow and Foster will be very good long term. Demercardo will contribute before these two beast are unleashed. Go Frogs!

CryptoMiner

Barkley was ranked the #103 JUCO recruit when we landed him and best I can tell, didn't have many, if any, other P5 offers. If you put any stock in recruiting credentials, he's one of the lowest-rated kids we have. Him not playing wouldn't be much of an upset IMO.

Had an offer from Utah.

Kid has a 4.33 forty and 10.4 100m. Injuries have been an issue at both JUCO and at TCU. Conwright had a very good fall though and it is not a knock on Barkley that he is behind Blair. Both will see plenty of PT.

Froggish

DL is worrisome. Looks lite and that got us in trouble before Big Ross arrived. I hope Sorrells and Jenkins can earn their way into the rotation and that Horton turns into something more than a body. If not we’re going to pushed around like we did in 2016