• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Iowa State Game Week

asleep003

On the one hand, we're at home. On the other, we're playing our first game. On the Gripping Hand, it's a GMFP team!

Go Frogs!
Feeling the OL will be gnarly... We're going to be big.... Storment was nasty in the film I saw, and now at 325. Barlow trimmed down to 353. McMillon at C has grown from 280 to 300. Harris has grown from 295 to 320. And don't know who's going to take that other Big and Ugly tackle spot, but there are some good/large candidates, White/Coker/ Coleman/Myers/etc... assuming all these players are healthy and ready.

wilson912

Any idea what the running back rotation will be?

Some items of note....

Weather expected to be 87 degrees and sunny, 10% chance of rain.
Vegas Line.... I expect TCU to be at least a 6 point favorite when the odds come out in the next 24 hours.

Unless there has been something different announced by the State of Texas, I know TCU said around 12,000 fans for the game or 25% capacity, but Governor Abbott is allowing up to 50% in Texas stadiums. I know TCU is doing the 25%, but how about 12,000 alumni, and then whatever comes in with the student section? Just a thought. I watched K-State's game last weekend and their student section was rocking, Okie State yesterday seemed to have some kids throughout their student section. I hope the 12,000 becomes 24,000 rocking the Carter by the time OU comes to town late in the season. Hopefully cases are even more down by then and some of the vaccines are out.

Also, it seems the teams that did full contact and hit the hardest at practice in August are the ones winning the games in September. See BYU vs. Navy for those details. I have a feeling Gary is going to have these kids coming out swinging ready to dominate.

Lastly, I think TCU Football is going to be awesome this year. So much high quality player depth throughout the positions. Add in Coaches Meacham, Kill, and Beck in the mix to fix the offense. Meacham calling the plays while wearing sunglasses at night and drinking Red Bulls and Cumbie back up in the box, I see a winning season ahead. Defense should be top shelf and hopefully the pass rush issue in 2019 has been fixed.

ESPN College GameDay had THREE different Big XII teams in their CFP bracket. OSU on one, OU on another, and "They're Back" UT on a third. The rest of the conference looks like trash. Seize the moment Coach P and let's win a championship! I'm looking forward to my Fall pilgrimage to Fort Worth next weekend! Go Frogs!

LeagueCityFrog

Any idea what the running back rotation will be?

I'll go:
1. Barlow
2. Evans
3. Demercado
4. Foster
5. Miller, he will play in 3 games this year, but will red shirt

I think they all play this year. No bench riders. Both Barlow and Foster looked good in the games they played last year and both found the end zone.

Moose Stuff

I'll go:
1. Barlow
2. Evans
3. Demercado
4. Foster
5. Miller, he will play in 3 games this year, but will red shirt

I think they all play this year. No bench riders. Both Barlow and Foster looked good in the games they played last year and both found the end zone.

Everybody gets a free year this year. You can play every snap and not lose a year of eligibility.

TX_Krötenechse

Looking forward to it. No idea what to expect. We have good running backs but our OL is basically new - good returning players but rebuilding the unit - and our receivers are unproven, to put it kindly. And of course the giant question marks with regards to QB and offensive game-planning and play-calling.

Defense should be good but we need immediate and major improvement from our DEs. Gary’s System works best when we can get pressure with 4, and we struggled with that last year. Hopefully Brooks can help there.

CryptoMiner

Navy came out pooped and BYU just torpedoed them.

Try the veal! It's delicious!

But seriously, since the Nashville emails have been made public, Abbott moved pretty quickly to "allow" more restaurant access and such. It's all a bunch of crap, and the public is slowly catching on that they've been lied to for quite a while now. Good.

I have no idea what to think of the Frogs. Sure, Kill has been working with not only the team but with the Coaches to fix their game and instruction methods. He has always stressed esprit de corps, efficiency, and most of all, poise. We've sorely lacked in those areas for two seasons running. Could be Jerry Kill is just what the Doctor ordered. We'll see...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Defense should be good but we need immediate and major improvement from our DEs. Gary’s System works best when we can get pressure with 4, and we struggled with that last year. Hopefully Brooks can help there.
The Offense is a big question mark. But, you bring up good points with the defense side. Last year, GMFP was telling us that the line would be one of his best ever. And it wasn't. At all. I don't know what techniques or schemes we had in place for the d-line, but they didn't work. I don't think we ever got pressure when we needed it, and many opponents managed to convert long third downs while their QB was back basting a turkey before remembering to throw downfield.

I truly hope that the ends are bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter.

JockO de Frog

The Offense is a big question mark. But, you bring up good points with the defense side. Last year, GMFP was telling us that the line would be one of his best ever. And it wasn't. At all. I don't know what techniques or schemes we had in place for the d-line, but they didn't work. I don't think we ever got pressure when we needed it, and many opponents managed to convert long third downs while their QB was back basting a turkey before remembering to throw downfield.

I truly hope that the ends are bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter.
With Brooks at stand up DE we will see him drop back in coverage while blitzing a corner or safety. Brooks is athletic and fast enough that we shouldn't lose the coverage.

TCUdirtbag

The original reporter, Dennis Ferrier stands by his report. Knowing him well, I believe him over the stations in Nashville attempting to backtrack because of pressure from the Mayors office.

https://www.facebook.com/DennisFerrierFox17

Don’t know the guy, but he’s been fired for fabricating stories before. Admitted to it too.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...rier-channel-4-wsmv-lawsuit-court/1074082001/

Anyways, this thread was probably posted too soon. I think we should all be holding our breath for football until the team takes the field.

TCU_91

Don’t know the guy, but he’s been fired for fabricating stories before. Admitted to it too.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...rier-channel-4-wsmv-lawsuit-court/1074082001/

Anyways, this thread was probably posted too soon. I think we should all be holding our breath for football until the team takes the field.

I guess you didn't read the article. He states "Ferrier, now a reporter for Fox 17, issued a statement Monday saying he fabricated nothing and that the error at issue was a simple mistake."

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
So much for football...

Yeah, those emails between the quack and the liar Mayor don't say what they say. And, IDGAF what a bunch of friendly, local suck-ups have to peddle in favor of their beloved Mayor. This episode is simply a bit more illumination into the overall situation: Government lies their Brilesboobs off, credulous twits believe the lies no matter how much contrary evidence bashes them in the head.

You guys drinking the Chinese Virus Kool-Aid (I'm told the grape is quite tasty, but the description is always cut short for some reason...) are reaching and grasping. Nobody cares that Burn Loot Murder holds rallies, or people go to sob and bleat for the soul of RBG en masse, because the Chinese Virus is smart, and only attacks people who go to bars. Or enjoy sitting down in a restaurant to eat. Or have a predilection to vote for anybody who will put a stop to this stupidity and mass hysteria.