• The KillerFrogs

Rumors about Max being cleared....

texas_sicilian

The idea of Cumbie, Meacham and Kill being the three headed offensive captains is hilarious to me. It's basically like mixing a guy who doesn't really have a plan with a true air raid disciple and a pro style offense guy. I honestly have no clue what we are going to see
Too many smart minds and too much experience to not devise something fresh, bold and innovative... that is if they are able to play to each other's strengths and put egos aside. Will be very disappointed if it turns out to be a disjointed Frankenstein.

Froggish

Too many smart minds and too much experience to not devise something fresh, bold and innovative... that is if they are able to play to each other's strengths and put egos aside. Will be very disappointed if it turns out to be a disjointed Frankenstein.

Staff needs to sit down and decide is they are going to be RPO based or Air Raid based. Half of the disjointed offense is because they are trying to base the run game on RPO and the passing game on Air Raid principals and last year they weren’t convincing at either.

Eight

I don't get it. Our OC wasn't doing a good job so we made a change. Why is that bizarro?

we brought in a guy who was part of the offensive in 2016 that could only run at one speed and imploded at the end of the year, was the oc for one of the worst offenses in p5 college history at kansas in 2017, and like sonny has to show he can put points against a good defense without an exceptional talent at quarterback and receiver

Moose Stuff

we brought in a guy who was part of the offensive in 2016 that could only run at one speed and imploded at the end of the year, was the oc for one of the worst offenses in p5 college history at kansas in 2017, and like sonny has to show he can put points against a good defense without an exceptional talent at quarterback and receiver

Can you list for me the available OCs that can put up points on good defenses with mediocre talent at QB and WR?

Eight

We took away play calling duties from our OC and brought 2 prominent new voices onto the offensive staff. We've had the conversation.

great deal of chicken and egg for the frogs offense the last 4 years.

the best offense to me was the 2017 offense in terms of balance, playing to strength, and getting contributions from a variety of areas

that offense had a senior quarterback who worked effectively in the offense, a very good offensive line, three good running backs, and some dependable receivers

the games at arkansas and oklahoma state were two of my favorites that year simply because at the end tcu basically said they were going to run the ball regardless and did so effectively

the past two years we have had quality backs, inconsistent line play, inconsistent receivers, inconsistent quarterback play, and play calling that just didn't seem to fit any specific plan of attack

would things have been different if the quarterback play was better, the offensive line play, the receivers, or the play calling ?

Eight

Can you list for me the available OCs that can put up points on good defenses with mediocre talent at QB and WR?

don't know as i don't have contacts in the coaching field who would know who would be interested in coaching at tcu and do we know if gary actually considered replacing sonny or merely the reboot.

if the frogs had mediocre talent at receiver at quarterback and receiver in 2016 whose fault would that be?

not saying the frogs are going to be bad on offense, just waiting to actually see progress on the field because we have been down this road before

Last edited:

4 Oaks Frog

Wow! I’ve been so excited for Horned Frog football to get started this season. We’ve been to hell and back since last season. Every amount is [ Finebaum ] has been thrown at us for months. Football, particularly Frog football, is my oasis in the scheissing desert of a life we’ve all been living. I was hoping to see some excitement on here that the new season is getting ready to start, and we are all excited to actually see the first kickoff of the season. Instead all I hear is how much pond water we suck when we haven’t played one scheissing down. If we are going to be as bad as what is being said here, why would the Frogs even bother to suit up. By the way, what news does the not connected buddy have to say lately about Max being cleared to play?
GO FROGS!
BEAT ISU!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!

Moose Stuff

don't know as i don't have contacts in the coaching field who would know who would be interested in coaching at tcu and do we know if gary actually considered replacing sonny or merely the reboot.

if the frogs had mediocre talent at receiver at quarterback and receiver in 2016 whose fault would that be?

not saying the frogs are going to be bad on offense, just waiting to actually see progress on the field because we have been down this road before

I don't have the slightest clue if the offense will be any good. Was simply pointing out that given the changes we made I fully believe that we've had a discussion on what we're trying to be. Isn't that basically Kill's job?

Eight

I don't have the slightest clue if the offense will be any good. Was simply pointing out that given the changes we made I fully believe that we've had a discussion on what we're trying to be. Isn't that basically Kill's job?

do we know what the offense is going to be in 2020?

first, take the obvious off the table as all bets are off if duggan is truly gone for the year

when kill was at minnesota the offense he and limegrover put together was run focused, heavy sets, and play action.

no problem with a set offensive style and no problem with it being run heavy, but that is a 180 from the offense meach and sonny ran in 2014-16 and their roots are also 180 from a heavy set, run based offense

one of their former quarterbacks described the offense as a cross between tcu's spread and wisconsin where you could be in 3 tights on one play and 4 wide the next

a common complaint though was in the end there was no base identity and each week the offense could get a number of new plays and formations so there wasn't a great deal of continuity

don't care if the frogs run the single wing. i just want to see an offense with a core scheme that they can execute and puts players in a position to be successfully,

give me the 2017 offense and supposedly that wasn't from the mind of sonny dykes, but we sure as heck didn't see anything close to it in 2018 or 2019

Last edited: