• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

TCURiggs

Wanted to share this here:

https://texassports.com/news/2020/9...FebDIzo-Jczb18yJPivSITyXMtm01LrCw8nYPljfGsJeE

My Dad's Uncle. Great dude that almost made me become a Red Raider, as he was the AD in Lubbock in my formative years. Glad that didn't take. Cool dude, though. Good friends with DKR, Mack Brown, Willy Nelson, etc... I remember going up to Lubbock when I was 7ish and watching the "U" practice on Friday and then seeing them play on Saturday from the press box. I was a big Canes fan back then (front-runner, I guess), but he almost turned me to a Red Raider with the first-class treatment. Pretty awesome life that dude had. Called my Grandmother this evening to give my condolences, and she had some more good stories to tell. RIP, T!

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

https://texassports.com/news/2020/9...FebDIzo-Jczb18yJPivSITyXMtm01LrCw8nYPljfGsJeE

My Dad's Uncle. Great dude that almost made me become a Red Raider, as he was the AD in Lubbock in my formative years. Glad that didn't take. Cool dude, though. Good friends with DKR, Mack Brown, Willy Nelson, etc... I remember going up to Lubbock when I was 7ish and watching the "U" practice on Friday and then seeing them play on Saturday from the press box. I was a big Canes fan back then (front-runner, I guess), but he almost turned me to a Red Raider with the first-class treatment. Pretty awesome life that dude had. Called my Grandmother this evening to give my condolences, and she had some more good stories to tell. RIP, T!
Sorry for your loss.

tcudoc

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great guy.

froginmn

I’ve thought of this many times. “Man, it’d be so fun to be celebrating these at AAC!” But in reality, I don’t think the Stars would be where they’re at without the shut down.

1- we were terrible right before the break. Going 1-6 or something. We needed a break and got it.
2-We lucked out with the “seeding”. We played like crap when we returned and actually moved up in the seedlings.
3- Not sure we win a game 7 IN Colorado.

This thinking cheers me up just a little.

As far as the Rangers go, this is the only way Globe Life would see decent baseball this decade.
Liked for seedlings.

froginmn

Riggs - sorry for your loss.

Doc- congrats.

Been a while since I've been here (but not like my three year absence).

I just saw a rerun of the first (only) 2020 episode of Tosh.0 and I'm dying. Had a clip of a lady in a Baylor shirt at zero gravity amusement park. You see her about to lose it when the clip stops.

"She's going to be sick. But not as sick as the sexual assaults her beloved Baylor tried to cover up."

Then they play the rest of the clip, which I don't recommend watching.

Mean Purple

Condolences.

The man lived a big life.

After his playing career, he fulfilled his military obligation to the Korean War effort, and in 1956 he joined the coaching staff of Ed Price as an assistant. He was retained by Darrell Royal when Royal took the Texas job in 1957, and stayed with the staff through the 1962 season, after which he spent 18 years in banking and private business. In 1980, he returned to college athletics as an assistant athletics director at Texas, and in 1986, he was named athletics director at Texas Tech.

tcudoc

Urn emoji

giphy.gif