• The KillerFrogs

Nebraska goes nuclear on Big Ten

BABYFACE

nuclear winter?

so are we expecting a new version of the tar pits any time soon?

my response of "and?" was in regard to the amount of acerage that has been involved with the fires. as has been discussed in another thread this is not something new as we are seeing as burn cycles are a natural part of life cycle of the forest and brush coverage in those parts of the world.

additionally, as pointed out by another poster, there are techniques that have been used for centuries to control these events, but even then fires happen and this isn't something new that is a product of climate change as biden tried to indicate

Wildfires on the west coast are nothing new. Hell, they are not new to Yellowstone. Nature annually purges in the forest land. Not dismissing it and the destruction sucks. We need to always be working on controlling and curbing these fires. More controlled burns?

My uncle up in Oregon had to evacuate from his place.

hornedfrog86

only two things matter for CFB alignment.
(1) do they bring value/money to the conference
/Big gap/
(2) Would fans want to travel there for away games

Arizona schools are natural extension of B12 footprint: Nebraska isn’t some powerhouse or desirable metro market for TV
$ and a cult like fan loyalty. Nothing like it at TCU.

LisaLT

Wildfires on the west coast are nothing new. Hell, they are not new to Yellowstone. Nature annually purges in the forest land. Not dismissing it and the destruction sucks. We need to always be working on controlling and curbing these fires. More controlled burns?

They are nothing new, but continually are getting worse and worse each year. Controlled burns should be happening I agree with that, but several people on here seem to not understand the severity of the situation as they are not directly affected by it. These same fires will likely be burning into 2021.

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, and I hope that his place is spared.

They are nothing new, but continually are getting worse and worse each year. Controlled burns should be happening I agree with that, but several people on here seem to not understand the severity of the situation as they are not directly affected by it. These same fires will likely be burning into 2021.

Not allowing the clearing of the forest floor is asinine. Didn't the paper companies offer to clean it up for free if they could keep the debris and the latte libs in Sacramento veto it??

Paint It Purple

Was up in South Dakota at Custer State Park last year and saw the scars left by a massive wild fire driven by 60-80 mph winds. Custer is not your usual small state park. It is on the scale of a national park in terms of acreage. The park rangers explained that while the fire’s destruction was massive, it was really the best thing to happen and may have actually saved the park. Years of state and federal forest and fire policy had allowed much of the wildlife and water friendly ecosystem to be gobbled up by brush and tree growth. Creeks stopped flowing, grasses died and wildlife suffered. Bad policies that put fires out instead of letting nature do it’s thing, coupled with a ban on timber and brush removal that were finally stopped. When the big fire came the new policy just let it burn. Hard to watch, but in the end it was for the best.

granted the park doesn’t contain people’s homes.

Eight

sorry to hear about your uncle and not sure the answer

there is a very good reason insurance companies assign certain rate risks if you live in certain areas.

think part of this goes back to the idea that in the big picture we really don't have as much control over certain aspects of nature as we believe be it wildfires, floods, or the spread of an airborne virus

doesn't mean we don't try to find a better way, but that life at times is very difficult and the big question is how do you deal with the events that are going to happen in a lifetime

Eight

so what do you want done to stop something that takes place naturally?

one big help would for people to stop being dumbasses as was the case of the idiot who used an incendiary device this time of year in california for a gender reveal that started a fire.

i would be good with banning gender reveals all together as we all know the gender isn't determined until the child decides right?

CryptoMiner

Apparently "protesters" may be responsible for some of these fires.

Would that really surprise any of us?

NF

Source Q or trump? Even Trump's own police say there is no truth to those wildfire rumors...

Oregon Officials Warn False Antifa Rumors Waste Precious Resources For Fires

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
About face Big10. Give them credit for reversing the biggest blunder in the history of higher education. After being forced by....everybody.

Now, what say their little sock puppet the PAC? "Can we play too?" Morons.
Dangit, HG73! I had clean forgot about the PAC again, and now you reminded me they exist!

BABYFACE

Thanks.