• The KillerFrogs

Nebraska goes nuclear on Big Ten

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Doesn't look like they took a vote today, and there are conflicting stories on whether it has to be all teams or none, or go without some teams. Michigan and MSU appear to be out for sure.

jake102

Doesn't look like they took a vote today, and there are conflicting stories on whether it has to be all teams or none, or go without some teams. Michigan and MSU appear to be out for sure.

Wisconsin said either all Big 10 schools are in or out. No halfsies

Mean Purple

Wisconsin said either all Big 10 schools are in or out. No halfsies
My guess is, if they have a vote and at least 9 or 10 of them are for playing, you could see those schools decide to play a schedule with the others, outside the conference and dare the others to come after them.

If Justin Fields or some other big start opts out, it will be a mess. If he opted out at OSU, there are several other stars that that school who could jump.

asleep003

wild fires? come on now, not like it is the first time the west coast has been in flames and it didn't stop them from playing in the past

actually, wife is in washington state and has said things have been very hazy every day from all the ash and soot. not st helens bad, but very noticeable
It's bad, very bad !!!! Over 3 million acres.

LisaLT

Unless she literally lives at the beach. Maybe she’s homeless.

OIP.Ty1d8cZ7ROml6jkCOTImMgHaDx.jpeg

This could be her. One can never know.
PurplFrawg has seen my swim suit shot so he can attest that is not me ;)

Eight

If you’ve never experienced nuclear winter you can’t understand how bad it’s been especially if you live within the vicinity of one of these numerous fires. It’s no laughing matter.

nuclear winter?

so are we expecting a new version of the tar pits any time soon?

my response of "and?" was in regard to the amount of acerage that has been involved with the fires. as has been discussed in another thread this is not something new as we are seeing as burn cycles are a natural part of life cycle of the forest and brush coverage in those parts of the world.

additionally, as pointed out by another poster, there are techniques that have been used for centuries to control these events, but even then fires happen and this isn't something new that is a product of climate change as biden tried to indicate

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It's LisaLT, man! You could have at least included some action shots of Pierce Brosnan in with all the Mount St. Helens stuff...

Eight

It's LisaLT, man! You could have at least included some action shots of Pierce Brosnan in with all the Mount St. Helens stuff...

scheiss pierce brosnan, fake thomas crown, it is amazing how so many people just adapted to one of the biggest natural disasters in the history of this country and went on with life.

BABYFACE

no, but what do we bring to the table that is unique to us?

the metroplex? on a given day where does tcu football news rank in the paper, radio, and tv compared to the cowboys, the big 3 of texas-ou-atm, and the other area programs?

on the field? since we have joined the big 12 in terms of conference play we are 6th granted you have ou at the top far and away, a cluster of 6 teams in the middle who have a difference of 8 wins over 8 seasons separating them, and then three programs at the bottom though isu is only one of 3 big 12 teams with a winning record in conference play the past three seasons.

bottom line is we are just another program in this conference and we really don't offer a strong second program to a conference as basketball has struggled to make the tournament. yes, the competition is brutal in basketball but if we aren't winning football games and making the tournament in basketball we bring what value to another conference?

as i pointed out, only the pac has 4 p5 schools in the same conference from the same state. we either have to win, put butts in the seats, or bring eyes to screens and before someone start pulling out ratings from select games in the past please don't include the ohio state game or the lsu game

what are our ratings in the state for a game versus another big 12 team? what were they when we played arkansas?
TCU actually stacks pretty well in the TV ratings. Not going to be the draw that OU or UT is regularly. The Frogs seem to overachieve in this area, and that’s a good thing. Ratings are an ally to TCU.