• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I could watch this goal a hundred times and still find it awesome. Gurianov is lethal from the that spot on the one timer.

after the power play looked asleep in period 1, they scored both the game tying and game winning goals.

Benn just straight up changed the entire game with about 10 minutes to go in the 3rd. Completely shifted the energy and momentum. Vegas was on their heels and looked stunned.

And I think I called Khudobin being a monster between the pipes before the series started. That guy glad found a whole new level.

lots of similarities between the 2020 Stars and the 1999 Stars...

This is the only similarity I care about.

ATC Frog

Except the 1999 Stars were one of the top teams from the start of the season. This team was terrible to start the season. Fired their coach. Couldn’t win a game before it all shut down and then couldn’t win a game when it started back up. Yet here we are.

They aren’t darning losing.

perhaps I should have amended it to just compare the 2 teams’ playoff runs

Chico Dusty

Pop pop is the leader so far. My dad was pops for his grandkids. I have liked pop pop since I saw it on Arrested Development.
I figured this group could get some other names to consider. Chief or Jefe would be good too. Big Daddy is another favorite but a close friend uses that one so I don’t want to steal that one. Big Poppa might be good. But then I would always be thinking of Will Farrell as Robert Goulet singing that song.

Haha. Good stuff. I forgot they use it in Arrested Development. What an amazing show. I can just picture George Michael saying “Pop Pop”. So many good characters.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
The Stars definitely showed heart and earned this win. Would have been real easy for them to quit and get ready for game 6. From espn.com.....

Smith snapped a shot high on Stars goaltender Anton Khudobin to give Vegas a 2-0 lead just 15 seconds into the third period. The Knights had been 10-2 in the playoffs when scoring the first goal. Between the regular season and the playoffs, the Knights were 36-1-4 when leading after two periods.

bleedpurple

Pop pop is the leader so far. My dad was pops for his grandkids. I have liked pop pop since I saw it on Arrested Development.
I figured this group could get some other names to consider. Chief or Jefe would be good too. Big Daddy is another favorite but a close friend uses that one so I don’t want to steal that one. Big Poppa might be good. But then I would always be thinking of Will Farrell as Robert Goulet singing that song.
Patron could be good as well.

Purp

Congrats @tcudoc ! My F-i-L goes by Gramps. That's pretty solid IMO. My dad goes by PooPaw, but that's bc my oldest nephew couldn't say PeePaw right. After everyone laughed PooPaw became the winner.

ETA: Big Poppa makes me think of Biggie first. I'd scrongly consider that for myself if in your position.

Last edited:

Shorty

Still have a strong dislike for Perry but damn I’m glad we have his experience. Oh and Reaves can go home and eat a huge bag of dicks. Dude is a very below average player
Yeah I have not been a fan of Perry but he definitely stepped up in the postseason so far.

The worst thing about Reaves was NBC celebrating him being a piece of [ Finebaum ]. "Oh the Knights are up so they can send out their goon to be a [ Finebaum ]head!!!"

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
I just became a grandfather a couple of hours ago. I need suggestions for grandpa names that are cooler than just grandpa.
Congratulations. We called my grandfather Bubba because that's what my oldest brother said when he tried to say grandpa. It stuck and my kids called my dad Bubba too.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Congrats @tcudoc ! My F-i-L goes by Gramps. That's pretty solid IMO. My dad goes by PooPaw, but that's bc my oldest nephew couldn't say PeePaw right. After everyone laughed PooPaw became the winner.

ETA: Big Poppa makes me think of Biggie first. I'd scrongly consider that for myself if in your position.

1yfmv9.jpg

Purp

Yeah I have not been a fan of Perry but he definitely stepped up in the postseason so far.

The worst thing about Reaves was NBC celebrating him being a piece of [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]. "Oh the Knights are up so they can send out their goon to be a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]head!!!"
Yeah, the hockey announcers love that kind of guy. Honestly, I do too, but not the type of player he is. I have a Roussell and Ott jersey b/c I love that kind of player, but both of those guys had some offensive and defensive skill to their game. They were pests, but they were also effective in many other ways. Reaves is a one-dimensional cro-magnon on skates. I know it would play right into the purpose of having a player like that, but I'd so love to watch Jamie Benn take the fighting major and break his face. Dude needs a serious arse whooping.