• The KillerFrogs

Nebraska goes nuclear on Big Ten

LisaLT

Anyone seen Nebraska’s lawsuits against Big 10? Wow the Nebraska attorney general is going crazy. Demanding proof the Big 10 is registered as a non profit in the state! Requesting discovery on everything the Big 10 has! Amazing to watch!
Where did u see all this? I’d be interested in reading more details. :)

HFrog1999

eating-popcorn-vjrw8ql8yz.gif

Come join the Big 12.

The page was way too Orange. Politics have nothing to do with the decision not to play. It’s just plain stupidity and terrible leadership. B1G already missing Delaney. Hope they don’t bring him back from retirement.

I think it's time to consider a radical shift, much in the way the Big 8/SWC did in leaving behind dead weight. Yesterday showed who our dead weight is.

I'm talking about the 4 Texas teams, OU, OSU and some combo of ASU, UofA, Nebraska, Colorado and even Utah and Arkansas. WVU can easily find a home in the ACC or SEC. Kansas can go BIG, if they'll have them. Any way you slice it, the B12 is and will always be average with those three schools on the plains. I'd say throw Tech in there too but there's too much involved politically to let that happen.

Go radical. Go big.

Eight

I think it's time to consider a radical shift, much in the way the Big 8/SWC did in leaving behind dead weight. Yesterday showed who our dead weight is.

I'm talking about the 4 Texas teams, OU, OSU and some combo of ASU, UofA, Nebraska, Colorado and even Utah and Arkansas. WVU can easily find a home in the ACC or SEC. Kansas can go BIG, if they'll have them. Any way you slice it, the B12 is and will always be average with those three schools on the plains. I'd say throw Tech in there too but there's too much involved politically to let that happen.

Go radical. Go big.

based upon the size of our alumni base, that we haven't exactly packed the stadium on a regular basis since joining the big 12, and that the only p5 conference with 4 schools in the same state is struggling for national relevance i am not so sure we are viewed as an asset at this time

Last edited:

Eight

nebraska to me is the equivalent of sears roebuck in college football

they were massive at one time, dominated their competition, but as things changed over time they are a shell of what they once were and i don't see them being able to adapt going forward as long as they cling to the past

they have struggled to be competitive in the big 10 since 2012 and their last all american players was 9 years ago.

my preference is the big 12 look elsewhere, but i don't think any big changes are going to happen with the current big 12 leadership unless driven by a school

Zubaz

they were massive at one time, dominated their competition, but as things changed over time they are a shell of what they once were and i don't see them being able to adapt going forward as long as they cling to the past

they have struggled to be competitive in the big 10 since 2012 and their last all american players was 9 years ago.

my preference is the big 12 look elsewhere, but i don't think any big changes are going to happen with the current big 12 leadership unless driven by a school
I can appreciate the analogy, but this would be more like Sears being what they are today, consolidating stores and losing market share and all that.....but literally never being more profitable. Their financial change in the Big Ten really can't be ignored.

Eight

I can appreciate the analogy, but this would be more like Sears being what they are today, consolidating stores and losing market share and all that.....but literally never being more profitable. Their financial change in the Big Ten really can't be ignored.

yeah, not exactly the same line of thinking or why anyone would think about adding nebraska to a conference. their share of the big 10 tv contract......

Eight

Gotcha, I thought you meant from Nebraskas perspective.

why would i give a [ Finebaum ] about the nebraska perspective on any of this.

people talk about adding a program that is a shell of what it once was and now it is a name. this really isn't all that hard.

ticketfrog123

why would i give a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] about the nebraska perspective on any of this.

people talk about adding a program that is a shell of what it once was and now it is a name. this really isn't all that hard.

only two things matter for CFB alignment.
(1) do they bring value/money to the conference
/Big gap/
(2) Would fans want to travel there for away games

Arizona schools are natural extension of B12 footprint: Nebraska isn’t some powerhouse or desirable metro market for TV

So you think Kansas, KState and Iowa State have more to offer? Ok...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Somebody on this already I am sure.

Report: Big Ten to reinstate 2020 fall football season with October 17 start date.

https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/2...l-football-season-with-october-17-start-date/

Not for now ... B10 presidents declined to vote Sunday ... but a vote could come today or Tuesday.

BIG TEN PRESIDENTS AND CHANCELLORS DID NOT VOTE ON RETURNING TO PLAY IN SUNDAY'S MEETING, STILL EXPECTED TO VOTE THIS WEEK

The wait continues.

A multi-hour long meeting on Sunday filled with presentations from various subcommittees to the Big Ten's Council of Presidents and Chancellors came and went with no vote on when to begin the conference's football season, per various reports.

David Jesse of the Detroit Free Press first reported the lack of a vote, and ESPN's Adam Rittenberg and The Athletic's Nicole Auerbach confirmed it.

Discussions are expected to continue, Rittenberg reported, and a vote will likely come later this week, per Jesse.

Read more ta https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...-vote-on-returning-to-play-in-sundays-meeting