• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs SMU Game Thread

Moose Stuff

I do think there’s perhaps a significant degree of subjectivity in “close contact”. I don’t think TCU is out of mocking territory just because we reported that a ton of our players had COVID or “close contact”

Is it enough to call Donati a massive failure as an AD?

froginmn

Yeah good on them for making the best of a bad situation. I know if I were an SMU fan I would be so frustrated the game didn’t take place. They have their best team in a long time with a fifth year senior QB and veteran Oline, and would have been going up against TCU who would have been breaking in a new former walk on QB.
Their "best team in a long time" beat Texas State by 7.

Meh

Travis Trucks

You played for TCU right? Surely you know SOMEONE close enough to the program to understand why we didn't play. Your posts are significantly off base IMO.

Because it lends credibility to the COVID hysteria which I think is overblown. TCU is a private school and yet it is buying into the whole "COVID = BLACK PLAGUE" and "CASES = DEATHS" notions.

40 of us got swine in 2009, and unlike COVID, swine actually killed young people. And we still played Virginia.

TX_Krötenechse

Because it lends credibility to the COVID hysteria which I think is overblown. TCU is a private school and yet it is buying into the whole "COVID = BLACK PLAGUE" and "CASES = DEATHS" notions.

40 of us got swine in 2009, and unlike COVID, swine actually killed young people. And we still played Virginia.
Well thank god you’re here so I don’t have to listen to doctors anymore

CountryFrog

Regardless of anyone's opinion of COVID, TCU operates in a world where it can't just be ignored. TCU is doing a hell of a lot more than a lot of other places to make sure football gets played but they can't just put their middle finger up to the entire world and go forward as if COVID doesn't even exist. TCU didn't create the hysteria but they damn sure have to operate within it.

Travis Trucks

We should have downplayed covid like we did the swine flu and went about our lives. This wasn't ebola. We could have moved back to normal life 2 weeks later and isolated vulnerable people. It's ridiculous and now it's being dragged on for 6 months by politics on both sides.

There should have been 40,000 people today at AGCS watching us play with the ABC Game of the Week being a packed house in Oregon with Oregon-Ohio State.

CountryFrog

We should have downplayed covid like we did the swine flu and went about our lives. This wasn't ebola. We could have moved back to normal life 2 weeks later and isolated vulnerable people. It's ridiculous and now it's being dragged on for 6 months by politics on both sides.

There should have been 40,000 people today at AGCS watching us play with the ABC Game of the Week being a packed house in Oregon with Oregon-Ohio State.
Even if you're right about all of this, none of it was TCU's decision or Donati's.

Travis Trucks

Even if you're right about all of this, none of it was TCU's decision or Donati's.

But they folded like cheap suits afraid of the pressure from the COVID hysteria mobs and went along with all the hysteria.

We need institutions and politicians to say enough and start to lead by example. Nebraska and South Dakota governors are a good start. Nebraska governor just lifted all COVID restrictions. South Dakota governor never put them in place.

I hated March Madness being cancelled, but at least I understood it. The virus was new at the time and we didn't know much about it. 6 months later we have enough data to go off of. This virus just isn't that deadly. Certainly not for college aged kids. Yet, 6 months later and here we are still having to wear masks, still having to social distance, and all of that. I just got done with a 15 day road trip driving around the country. In places like Nebraska, North and South Dakota, West Virginia and South Carolina you'd never even know there was a virus.Went to a restaurant in Sioux Falls and no one had on a mask - not even the staff.

TX_Krötenechse

Travis, out of curiosity, how many Americans need to die before you acknowledge it’s not just another seasonal flu? Cause we’re closing in on 200,000 and you don’t seem to care

and don’t give me [ Finebaum ] about how at-risk people should avoid gatherings and whatnot - most of the time nowadays those deaths are caused by secondhand transmission. Little Timmy can go to the game with 40k people and no mask and be just fine, but then he shakes hands with a stranger who goes to visit his grandma at the home and suddenly 50 people have died. This bad boy spreads like crazy and community spread is super dangerous even for people taking all the right precautions.

Zubaz

Travis, out of curiosity, how many Americans need to die before you acknowledge it’s not just another seasonal flu? Cause we’re closing in on 200,000 and you don’t seem to care

and don’t give me [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] about how at-risk people should avoid gatherings and whatnot - most of the time nowadays those deaths are caused by secondhand transmission. Little Timmy can go to the game with 40k people and no mask and be just fine, but then he shakes hands with a stranger who goes to visit his grandma at the home and suddenly 50 people have died. This bad boy spreads like crazy and community spread is super dangerous even for people taking all the right precautions.
Let me sum up 1,300 pages of COVID thread for you:

"It's not really 200k deaths"
and
"Deaths below 70 are extremely rare and they need to isolate and community spread to them isn't a big threat because see point #1"

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

and don’t give me [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] about how at-risk people should avoid gatherings and whatnot - most of the time nowadays those deaths are caused by secondhand transmission. Little Timmy can go to the game with 40k people and no mask and be just fine, but then he shakes hands with a stranger who goes to visit his grandma at the home and suddenly 50 people have died. This bad boy spreads like crazy and community spread is super dangerous even for people taking all the right precautions.

Why is a stranger shaking little boys hands?

Solution: Fill the Carter with those fearless individuals who fervently feel that COVID is vastly

overblown and does not pose a serious threat. Admission would require a ticket, along with a

signed statement absolving the University of any future responsibility.
Note: such a course of

action could have a profound negative numerical impact on our future fan base.

Last edited:

froglash88

Solution: Fill the Carter with those fearless individuals who fervently feel that COVID is vastly

overblown and does not pose a serious threat. Admission would require a ticket, along with a

signed statement absolving the University of any future responsibility.
Note: such a course of

action could have a profound numerical impact on our future fan base.

Bold statement

Eight

Let me sum up 1,300 pages of COVID thread for you:

"It's not really 200k deaths"
and
"Deaths below 70 are extremely rare and they need to isolate and community spread to them isn't a big threat because see point #1"

you forgot my two favorites:

1) if you question the EXPERTS you are a flat earth science hater

and

2) did you see the number of deaths projected by the imhe model, wait the made corrections, hang on as they are still tighting up the source data, no, i am sure they have it dialed in this time....okay, now they have got it all worked out, wait......