• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs SMU Game Thread

The Ponies' much anticipated annual contest with TCU is the only relevant event that

provides any degree of legitimacy to SMU's otherwise humdrum football scene. Any true

rivalry is pretty much in abeyance since they have
only managed to win 4 times in the past

21 years. Without the Frogs' presence....SMU slowly fades into obscurity.

Eight

SMU has been trolling us on social media all week and we deserve it

There is no reason this game should have been postponed

oh no, not that, the horror of being trolled on social media, goodness how will we get through this year with the covid, the reparation riots and now the burning scorn from a bunch of trust funders in dallas calling out their trust funder friends in ft worth

trouble is

dont_give_a_shit_morgan_freeman.gif

Planks

Good for SMU enjoying their flash in the pan before they fade back into their usual obscurity.

Yeah good on them for making the best of a bad situation. I know if I were an SMU fan I would be so frustrated the game didn’t take place. They have their best team in a long time with a fifth year senior QB and veteran Oline, and would have been going up against TCU who would have been breaking in a new former walk on QB.

With that being said, they can troll all they want, no one else in the college football world cares at all about SMU. If TCU kicks butt this year in conference play, no one else in the country is going to dock us any because we didn’t play SMU.

Planks

SMU trolling us on social media, while potentially deserved and funny, is irrelevant to the rest of the college football world and will have zero negative impact on TCU.

Moose Stuff

Yeah good on them for making the best of a bad situation. I know if I were an SMU fan I would be so frustrated the game didn’t take place. They have their best team in a long time with a fifth year senior QB and veteran Oline, and would have been going up against TCU who would have been breaking in a new former walk on QB.

With that being said, they can troll all they want, no one else in the college football world cares at all about SMU. If TCU kicks butt this year in conference play, no one else in the country is going to dock us any because we didn’t play SMU.

Make no mistake here..... if we were healthy enough to play we were gonna take them out behind the woodshed and beat the ever-loving [ Finebaum ] out of them.

Last edited:

jake102

You played for TCU right? Surely you know SOMEONE close enough to the program to understand why we didn't play. Your posts are significantly off base IMO.

I do think there’s perhaps a significant degree of subjectivity in “close contact”. I don’t think TCU is out of mocking territory just because we reported that a ton of our players had COVID or “close contact”