• The KillerFrogs

For those who donated to 2314

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The fund is being closed. The administrator says she will make refunds Friday but I suggest if you gave you make your own request at https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/204150420.

This did not end well with the person who administered the account. More than $18,000 was raised. I won’t go into it but I am not pleased.

When you get your refund you can do what Tony would have wanted and help his sister. She relied on him financially and he was the only direct family she had left. Find Judy Eierdam on Facebook. The info to donate to her directly is there. Thanks.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Seems that most would want that money to go to pay towards funeral costs. The admin should use it towards that IMO.
Well that was expected that those costs (cremation) would be covered up front. But those are things his sister needs to handle.

East Coast

Tier 1
I am extremely careful about donating to Go Fund Me causes, and even then only in small amounts. Too many stories. Something went wrong here; it could be as simple as the administrator being overwhelmed, so not going to speculate. Take your money back and send your money directly to Tony's sister if you want to help.

frogs9497

I recall donating to Wes' GFM for a scooter only to see a refund credited to my cc account shortly after he passed. I fully expected/supported Wes' wife keeping my donation, but I guess she felt compelled otherwise.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
So just to be clear, we have to request the refund? Or will they refund it without us doing anything?
Well, the person in charge of the account said she would initiate the refunds, but I don't trust what is going on so I went ahead and made a request to be sure. I received an email requesting confirmation that came in my spam/junk folder.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Seems that most would want that money to go to pay towards funeral costs. The admin should use it towards that IMO.
Dumb.

“Funeral” costs that, guess who gets to pay? Guess who is Tony’s only kin?

funerals are almost as dumb as weddings as an industry. People who pay for more than cremation costs are morons

Tony’s only “charity” during his life was taking care of his sister.

for once in his miserable life, Top got this one right

BABYFACE

Dumb.

“Funeral” costs that, guess who gets to pay? Guess who is Tony’s only kin?

funerals are almost as dumb as weddings as an industry. People who pay for more than cremation costs are morons

Tony’s only “charity” during his life was taking care of his sister.

for once in his miserable life, Top got this one right
No chit. I was hoping the money would to go to her to help with costs that were left behind. Apparently, the go fund me account had issues being withdrawn with Tony’s passing. Which, I didn’t know. I just figured the money would go to Judy, but I guess it couldn’t.

I just thought it is a shame it is being refunded.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
No chit. I was hoping the money would to go to her to help with costs that were left behind. Apparently, the go fund me account had issues being withdrawn with Tony’s passing. Which, I didn’t know. I just figured the money would go to Judy, but I guess it couldn’t.

I just thought it is a shame it is being refunded.
It could have. It would not have been difficult to make that happen. But the person in charge told me “they” did not want monies to go to his sister. A complete insult to Tony. He would be livid at his so-called friends.