• The KillerFrogs

Reorganize College Athletics

McFroggin

If TCU is not serious about winning championships in both men's and women's swimming, they should chop that overhead.

Why stop there? What percent of non scholarship kids consider any sport outside of football when choosing a college?

I do enjoy watching baseball/softball and basketball now, but had TCU not had them, I’d still have attended.

LeagueCityFrog

I think TCU not having softball is a mistake. I think it would be a wildly successful sport in that talent rich market, would well compliment TCU baseball, and maybe 4th in revenue. TCU will point at Title IX and needing to build a $30 million dollar stadium, but I call BS on that.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I think TCU not having softball is a mistake. I think it would be a wildly successful sport in that talent rich market, would well compliment TCU baseball, and maybe 4th in revenue. TCU will point at Title IX and needing to build a $30 million dollar stadium, but I call BS on that.
Without a stadium where would they play? If a cheap stadium is built do you think that would attract top recruits?

HToady

I think the original intent (maybe 100 years ago) was to give scholarship opportunities to students in area outside of academics and provide an esprit de corps for the student body. Don't all sports outside of football and basketball still fit this design?

HG73

I think the original intent (maybe 100 years ago) was to give scholarship opportunities to students in area outside of academics and provide an esprit de corps for the student body. Don't all sports outside of football and basketball still fit this design?
Only if students actually watch them.