• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Will Big 12 players kneel during the anthem? Bob Bowlsby calls it ‘ongoing topic’

Wog68

Fortunately, those ordinary GIs at Normandy, Battle of the Bulge, Iwo Jima, Okinawa,

Saipan, Tarawa....didn't decide to 'take a knee' and 'sit this one out'. Gratitude?
My Father killed Krauts at the Bulge, my Father-in-Law killed many Japs at Saipan and Okinawa, and I killed communists in Vietnam. Too many of our citizens are "taking a knee" and expecting the "few" to keep them safe.

YA

My Father killed Krauts at the Bulge, my Father-in-Law killed many Japs at Saipan and Okinawa, and I killed communists in Vietnam. Too many of our citizens are "taking a knee" and expecting the "few" to keep them safe.
My uncle was killed in Vietnam. My father in law was permanently disabled in Vietnam. Brother in law was permanently disabled in South Korea in training in the 1990’s. My other brother in law retired from the army and his unit found saddam’s sons. My brother was injured in the army in the 1980’s and still on disability. My nephew was injured in Afghanistan in a roadside attack and my other nephew is Captain in the marines.

That has almost always been that way in American history with citizen volunteers. Only way to change is to have compulsory service in the military and that is never going to happen again.

CryptoMiner

118652327_10157553876902913_1642301687805360662_n.jpg

Wog68

My uncle was killed in Vietnam. My father in law was permanently disabled in Vietnam. Brother in law was permanently disabled in South Korea in training in the 1990’s. My other brother in law retired from the army and his unit found saddam’s sons. My brother was injured in the army in the 1980’s and still on disability. My nephew was injured in Afghanistan in a roadside attack and my other nephew is Captain in the marines.

That has almost always been that way in American history with citizen volunteers. Only way to change is to have compulsory service in the military and that is never going to happen again.
Some families do all, many families do none.

Last edited:

StinnettFrog

I can’t say I like the players taking a knee but have always agreed they have the right to do it. I am ex military so standing is something I will always do because it is right for me. We spend far too much time judging others instead of looking at ourselves and seeing how we can improve as a person.