• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

Zubaz

yes, but they didn't just honor a dodger player with the statue of robinson and that was done for obvious reasons

no different than having his number retired by every club
It's very different, it goes beyond merely retiring his number league-wide. Most other teams don't name the entrance to their stadium "Jackie Robinson Rotunda" or fashion the exterior of their stadium after where the Dodgers played ball.

Wilpon was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan growing and later admitted that he probably leaned a bit too far towards honoring their history over the Mets. As I said I understand the NL / Brooklyn baseball connection, but the reluctance of ownership to honor Mets icons has irked the fanbase for some time.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Lou Brock passed away today. The only teams he played for during his career were the Cubs and Cardinals. The Cubs and Cardinals played each other today.

Chadwick Boseman passed away the same day that MLB was celebrating Jackie Robinson Day. We all know that Chadwick played Jackie Robinson in the movie 42.

scheissing corona just keeps making 2020 stranger and stranger.

Frog-in-law1995

Chances are, if you’re an umpire, and i know you’re name, then you’re a clown.

The only two I can name off the top of my head are Angel Jimenez and Joe West.

Just off the top of my head...Tom Hallion, Eric Gregg, CB Buckner, Phil Cuzzi, Jerry Crawford, Jim Joyce (great ump but kicked the [ Finebaum ] out of one particular call with REALLY bad timing)...theory seems to check out.

Eight

Lou Brock passed away today. The only teams he played for during his career were the Cubs and Cardinals. The Cubs and Cardinals played each other today.

Chadwick Boseman passed away the same day that MLB was celebrating Jackie Robinson Day. We all know that Chadwick played Jackie Robinson in the movie 42.

scheissing corona just keeps making 2020 stranger and stranger.

bit confused here as boseman died of cancer and lou brock had cancer as well as being a diabetic so how does covid keep making 2020 stranger and stranger?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
bit confused here as boseman died of cancer and lou brock had cancer as well as being a diabetic so how does covid keep making 2020 stranger and stranger?

Because usually Jackie Robinson Day is celebrated on April 15th, not the end of August. And the Cubs would have been playing the Reds, not the Cardinals.

This happened because covid postponed the start of the season and the original 2020 schedule was wiped out.

Last edited:

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Screenshot_20200916-231049_Samsung Internet.jpg
Damn Houston. We're halfway thru the season and your stars batting averages suck.

Is this Covid delayed/shortened season having it's way with the Ass-tros or could it be something else.....

(And the Rangers are in full rebuild mode so any [ Finebaum ] talking about our season is meaningless)