• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football postpones SMU opener amid coronavirus outbreak

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU football postpones SMU opener amid coronavirus outbreak
By Drew Davison

TCU won’t open the football season next Friday against SMU, athletic director Jeremiah Donati said.

The Horned Frogs have seen a spike in coronavirus numbers among the team and have been forced to postpone the game. It had been scheduled for next Friday night (Sept. 11) at Amon G. Carter Stadium. The game would have opened the Big 12 football season as a primetime game on Fox Sports 1.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article245494150.html#storylink=cpy

Limp Lizard

Don't like the idea o playing on some bye week. I liked having the two bye weeks, with no more that 4 games in a row.

Just don't like playing SMU other than the first game. Classic ambush game, as usual. TCU comes into the game thinking about other games, barely stifling a yawn, whereas the Ponies come in foaming at the mouth. At least with the first game the Frogs would be a little closer the SMU in intensity. Every year the Frogs talk a good game about how it is a rivalry, they know the players, yada-yada. Then they take the field and obviously there minds are elsewhere. Oh well.

HToady

SMU has games the weekends of our two byes. To say "postpone" is like saying we were playing "primetime" of FS1

Mean Purple

I don't see the conference championship game happening as early as they say. Teams will be jockeying schedules, etc.
We will likely have another bye week somewhere, or an added week.

This will be week by week. So we might as well face that reality and adjust with the team. We also now have a couple of more weeks to get Downing ready.

LisaLT

I don't see the conference championship game happening as early as they say. Teams will be jockeying schedules, etc.
We will likely have another bye week somewhere, or an added week.

This will be week by week. So we might as well face that reality and adjust with the team. We also now have a couple of more weeks to get Downing ready.
But what if Downing is one of the covid infected? Also are practices still going on at this time? I wonder how many players/staff have this thing.

froginmn

SMU has games the weekends of our two byes. To say "postpone" is like saying we were playing "primetime" of FS1
It's entirely possible we get an unexpected bite because a B12 opponent has the same situation on a weekend we were to play them.

Possible to sneak a game in if that happens.