• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: Can TCU lead the Big 12 in defense for fourth straight season?

Moose Stuff

We are all dancing around the fact that GP didn’t do his best HC job last year. Whether it was getting his defense to step up in critical moments, not finding leadership in the locker room, or continually running with a terrible offensive staff, he contributed to problems last year. Over the years I have seen countless times GP’s genius and work ethic elevate the performance of players and coaching staff he’s assembled. For whatever reason that isn’t happening anymore. His genius is no longer boot strapping the incompetence around him.

I'm not sure anyone is dancing around it. He took a ton of criticism on here last fall (and beyond).

Pharm Frog

We were top 15 in time of possession last year and top 5 for much of the season. We still sucked, so I’m not sure your point is all that valid.

This is a good and valid point. How much of that time was spent just standing around looking at the sideline and waiting until the O-line progressed into rigor mortis? I may be wrong on this but it sure didn't feel like we were controlling the clock by consistently converting third downs and moving the ball up and down the field. It seemed like we were controlling TOP by running a version of Dean Smith's 4 Corner Stall. But that may have been just a feeling. Whole season felt like it was played in 12" of mud when we had the ball.

HG73

We couldn't convert on third down because of dropped passes and marginal throws. Better execution is needed. Calling Jerry Kill...

Eight

This is a good and valid point. How much of that time was spent just standing around looking at the sideline and waiting until the O-line progressed into rigor mortis? I may be wrong on this but it sure didn't feel like we were controlling the clock by consistently converting third downs and moving the ball up and down the field. It seemed like we were controlling TOP by running a version of Dean Smith's 4 Corner Stall. But that may have been just a feeling. Whole season felt like it was played in 12" of mud when we had the ball.

thanks a lot pharm, just flashed back to that last chance drive against smu where the frogs are moving, the smu defense is confused and scrambling, and for some bizarre reason we slow it down so the smu can sub, get organized, and stop the frogs

that and every defensive line knowing the frogs will snap in the last 5 seconds of the play clock

Froggish

Decided to watch the 2019 Sun Belt Conference Championship game as I found it on YouTube. If you want to watch some incredibly fun and innovative run first football, both Appalachian St and the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns were awesome. Both defenses were confused and on their heels most the game. Appy couldn’t be stopped but Louisiana with their constant motion and reset was creative on another level. Billy Napier is on to something there.