• The KillerFrogs

Sad news on 2314

Frog DJ

Tony sent me a private message a couple of years ago, and we exchanged several stories about mutual TCU friends and acquaintances.

We shared some great laughs, and I reconnected with more than one old friend through him, so I am in his debt for helping me with that.

He was good guy. Deepest condolences and heartfelt prayers for his family and close friends.

Go Frogs!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
As I recall Scott and Wes hated 2314 ... until they met him. Then they got it and all became good friends. Now all three are gone. :-(

sketchy

I want to apologize up-front, because I navigate between present and past tense.

Tony and I have been close, inner circle friends for 37 years.
His sister, and another mutual friend had kept me up-to-date, since this situation started.
We all saw things were progressing positively, and I'd already planned on chewing him out a little, when he returned to FW.
My mutual friend called me yesterday, late in the afternoon, but I missed the call - when I saw he called, you get that "uh oh, but maybe good news" vibe.
Before I called him back, Tony's sister called, and when I answered, I immediately knew this was not good.
Little catches me off guard, but this call did.....I was fully expecting him to be coming back to FW.

Tony is simply a good dude.......simple as that, just a GOOD dude.
He'll be GREATLY missed, by me and my 2 kids.

Damn

Last edited:

tcumaniac

73054.jpg

Westsider

One more story...... Some of us were having a few beers some time ago and describing the best sports announcer calls. Mine was Connie Alexander screaming that Steve O’Neal just “kicked a translunar punt!” After a few more, one of the guys proclaimed that Tony Eirdam’s volleyball call in a tight game, “Oh wow! What a crafty dink!!” May have been the best. I think I was the only one that appreciated it. Tony was a mess.

Pharm Frog

Many of my friends who had children who came up through Aledo schools thought the world of Tony and I have never heard a contrary opinion from any of them. THAT is damn near sainthood in Aledo, Texas in the sports community. He loved his community and those kids in every sport.

Tony and I spent many a Friday night in a press box together so it was funny when I got an email from him through this board saying I knew way too much about Aledo to not be living there. But by that time we had moved to Oklahoma and it was giving him fits that he couldn’t figure me out. I told him to take what he knew and ask his boss. He did and was able to figure out my identity. His boss and I met up a couple of years ago and chuckled about that and I said that’s why he’s your sports editor and not your investigative reporter. I’ll miss Tony and living Aledo sports through his articles. I’ll miss him here as well.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I want to apologize up-front, because I navigate between present and past tense.

Tony and I have been close, inner circle friends for 37 years.
His sister, and another mutual friend had kept me up-to-date, since this situation started.
We all saw things were progressing positively, and I'd already planned on chewing him out a little, when he returned to FW.
My mutual friend called me yesterday, late in the afternoon, but I missed the call - when I saw he called, you get that "uh oh, but maybe good news" vibe.
Before I called him back, Tony's sister called, and when I answered, I immediately knew this was not good.
Little catches me off guard, but this call did.....I was fully expecting him to be coming back to FW.

Tony is simply a good dude.......simple as that, just a GOOD dude.
He'll be GREATLY missed, by me and my 2 kids.

Damn
Sorry Coom. He loved your girls. Talked about them often. And your friendship.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Such a nasty, dangerous disease. Didn’t know him outside of trading posts, agreeing and disagreeing since the Sun Bowl. Rest In Peace.