• The KillerFrogs

When I first met 2314

Spike

In Austin for the 2009 Super Regional. I was really not looking forward to it, not sure what to expect. I was not a fan of his online persona plus I had kind of mouthed off to him about a week prior. That Saturday before the first game about 5 of us met for lunch at some Austin cafe. It was me, @satis1103 , @TopFrog , 2314 and maybe Jeff Tucker. We sat there and visited for like 2 hours about all things Horned Frog Sports. Was one of my favorite Horned Frog memories of all time. After that we sat on the berm for game 1 vs The Horns. Afterwards Top, 2314 and I ended up playing pool somewhere in Austin and just had a blast. There's a difference in memories about who ran the pool table that night (I did) but we had a cute little waitress who had her eye on the Topfrog. 2314 became one of my dearest friends. Good times!

A great memory and one of the many great friendships made on Killerfrogs. @don , Scott, Wes, and now @Ryann Zeller this is a part of your legacy.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
2314 was definitely a one-of-a-kind character. Loved sports and loved covering high school sports -- all of them. He gave the girls and all sports equal treatment. A nice guy you couldn't help but like. The players, coaches, parents and other media he worked with all appreciated him and many stayed in contact with him even years later.

sketchy

I met Tony in 1983, after football season.
He and my friend (Dwayne May, TCU WR) worked at Tandy Center Ice Rink.
Dwayne got me a PT job there......I didn't even know how to skate - still don't.
The 3 of us started hanging out, and of course Tony and I remained buds after Dwayne moved to Hawaii.

Just a great guy, loyal.....all attributes you want as a friend.
He'll be missed.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Tony came to the board and became my friend, co-worker and even housemate for a while because I posted a story about TCU he wrote when he was working for the Plainview paper. He went to work for the Lake Country Sun and was living in Graham when he met me in Mineral Wells and we watched a TCU game at my house. When we both both cussed an early play we hit it off.