• The KillerFrogs

Sad news on 2314

PurpleBlood87

Just saw this on The Community News' Facebook Page.

Our hearts are broken this morning to announce the passing of our sports editor, Tony Eierdam. We were so heartened by his progress in recovering from COVID-19, so this came as a shock. Please keep him and his sister, Judy, in your prayers, and we will provide additional information when it is available.

God bless, Randy Keck

BABYFACE

My daughters graduated from Aledo HS in 2019, and 2020, respectively. They were at Stuard Elementary at the time of this story.

I was talking to Tony over the phone and told him that the paper should do a story on the Bearcat Bouncers. This group was made up 4th and 5th graders at Stuard elementary that performed basketball dribbling skills. They also performed at halftime at a TCU basketball game. Both of my daughters were on it. Tony said it was a great idea because he was currently looking for story to do.

I was just trying to get some pub for teacher Janie Baucum and her Bearcat Bouncers. What I didn’t expect is both of my daughters being the cover picture for the article in the Community News. That was the kind of guy 2314 was.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

He was doing better. He was out of ICU, sitting up and talking, doing some physical therapy, wanting to go home ... in the end it was all too much for him. Prayers to my TCU friend, former co-worker, and his sister.
Unreal. Makes it so much harder to process knowing he seemed to be on a likely road to recovery.