Bob Sugar

Pessimist.
tenor.gif

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-1_11-22-44.jpeg
    upload_2020-9-1_11-22-44.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 2

YA

Ticket office sent email To ticket holders asking if they want to buy additional tickets this afternoon.

LeagueCityFrog

Food for thought...

There are only going to be 12,000 tickets plus Loge Box, plus Suite owners available to go to the first game, yet there are already tickets for resale on the Internet for TCU vs SMU...

How is that possible...and we don't even have our ticket yet...

tcumaniac

Ticket office sent email To ticket holders asking if they want to buy additional tickets this afternoon.
Didn't get that email. Wonder if it was to only club holders only... speaking of, what's the game plan for club seats? Will there be any kind of food service? Were prices reduced at all?

ticketfrog123

isn't it safe to say we have the smallest enrollment and number of alumni in the big 12?

This is the primary factor. We also have greater geographic dispersion than other B12 schools. More kids in Chicago, California and NYC than others.

Somebody probably has the university numbers but with ~50% of students coming from out of state HS, hard to say how many will remain in Texas for jobs.

PO Frog

Didn't get that email. Wonder if it was to only club holders only... speaking of, what's the game plan for club seats? Will there be any kind of food service? Were prices reduced at all?
Food service but it won’t be serve yourself style. I think they will just fill up your plate for you, at least how it was explained to me. And they did not happen to mention a reduction in price so I’m guessing that is a hard “no.”

netty2424

you guys were definitely right and I was way off.

I am shocked how bad our fanbase can be at times - from what I was told we sold the least seats in the entire B12 by a BIG MARGIN.

Actually also heard this morning that there is strong speculation the sales went so poorly the school will lose money each game once they hire enough stadium personnel to cover operations and would have been better off financially not allowing crowds,

Evidently they got tons of phone calls from people not realizing that to move from 400 to 200 - they were going to have to pay an upgrade fee...guess people were expecting to just get to pick the best seats available when their time came and not have a cost consequence.

And seems a lot of people were in the same mindset as Maniac and decided that - although they have always coveted better seats - when the time came, it wasn't worth the money.

I did manage to get all my kids tickets and all in the same section although several rows apart - so at least for this year they will be closer to each other than normal years.

Will be interesting to see how they handle concession with so few people and spread out all over the stadium...
Hard to judge a fan base by football attendance during a pandemic. There are many reasons why people chose not to renew this year like job loss, financial uncertainty, health risks, etc, and I don’t fault any of them for choosing not to renew.

I consider myself and my family die hard fans. But I also live out of town, and have a three year old child with a rare medical condition that while yes, we know kids are seemingly at a very low risk, it isn’t worth it for us to risk his life over a football game. It simply isn’t worth it.

Further, maybe those who chose not to jump into those higher priced seats felt unsure about the season actually playing out? What if this thing gets shut down after 3-4-5 weeks?

Everyone has their reasons for showing up and not showing up, it doesn’t make anyone of those people who don’t, bad fans. I’d imagine most of us will be wearing purple and glued to a TV week in and week out in support of this program.

flyfishingfrog

Hard to judge a fan base by football attendance during a pandemic. There are many reasons why people chose not to renew this year like job loss, financial uncertainty, health risks, etc, and I don’t fault any of them for choosing not to renew.

I consider myself and my family die hard fans. But I also live out of town, and have a three year old child with a rare medical condition that while yes, we know kids are seemingly at a very low risk, it isn’t worth it for us to risk his life over a football game. It simply isn’t worth it.

Further, maybe those who chose not to jump into those higher priced seats felt unsure about the season actually playing out? What if this thing gets shut down after 3-4-5 weeks?

Everyone has their reasons for showing up and not showing up, it doesn’t make anyone of those people who don’t, bad fans. I’d imagine most of us will be wearing purple and glued to a TV week in and week out in support of this program.
ok - but since evidently based on sales other schools in the B12 didn't have as much of a problem as we did - all that crap is just excuses.

Hell without even selling tickets for September at all, I was told even Kansas managed to outsell us for October and November games even with telling people they would not be allowed in for September.

I am sure everyone individually has what they feel is a legitimate reason to not buy tickets - but overall as a fanbase, it still means we suck. So when we all complain about our overall program not living up to P5 standards and when the time comes for a new coach and its not a top candidate like we "feel" we deserve - these are some examples of why that occurs.

The cost thing is a real BS excuse - TCU has literally told us a million times you can get your money back if they don't play the games. Did it for baseball, did it for football for fans that didn't pick seats, etc.

If someone doesn't want to go, they should not go. But freedom of choice and the demonstrated results does not make us a great fanbase. We are really G5 when it comes to fans.

YA

ok - but since evidently based on sales other schools in the B12 didn't have as much of a problem as we did - all that crap is just excuses.

Hell without even selling tickets for September at all, I was told even Kansas managed to outsell us for October and November games even with telling people they would not be allowed in for September.

I am sure everyone individually has what they feel is a legitimate reason to not buy tickets - but overall as a fanbase, it still means we suck. So when we all complain about our overall program not living up to P5 standards and when the time comes for a new coach and its not a top candidate like we "feel" we deserve - these are some examples of why that occurs.

The cost thing is a real BS excuse - TCU has literally told us a million times you can get your money back if they don't play the games. Did it for baseball, did it for football for fans that didn't pick seats, etc.

If someone doesn't want to go, they should not go. But freedom of choice and the demonstrated results does not make us a great fanbase. We are really G5 when it comes to fans.
I thought I read that you were not coming to the games this year so your excuse is better than others since it involves you?

The Bad Guy

TCU has always been fair weather fans, I don’t know why most of you are surprised about this.

3/4 of the alumni isn’t from DFW area or the state of Texas probably and a majority of the season ticket holders are wealthy individuals/groups who use these game as a chance for more social opportunities.

Either way, I’ll still be going making it my first decade as a season ticket holder with TCU.

netty2424

Excuse is one way to describe it I suppose, if you disagree. Those who don't, probably call them legitimate reasons or concerns. And they are valid despite your obvious dismissal.

researchfrog

It wasn't just club holders. We got the email at 4:30 yesterday and we're in the upper deck. This morning we increased our tix from four to our full allotment of six.

Big Frog II

This is a weird year. If you want to come to the games great, if not that's fine too. I'm not going to condemn those who cannot come this year.

I do hope if all of the tickets are not taken during this second round that they allow the students to have more than there 2000 or so they were told they could have this year.

tcumaniac

Weird, I didn’t get one. Did they let you get 6 together?
How many tickets did you get this year?

I typically have more than 4, but only renewed 3 for this season. I wonder if they only sent it to accounts that got the max allotted 4 seats (which, imo, would be a mistake, because I'm sure there are accounts that got less than 4 tickets, but would have purchased more than that if everyone in their group was able to attend).

flyfishingfrog

I thought I read that you were not coming to the games this year so your excuse is better than others since it involves you?
I am coming now - I was going to give my seats to my kids when I thought I would get my 4 but they would not.

However I did not take into account the suckage of our fanbase - so now everyone was able to get seats on their own account and with a little help from "dad" - they are all even in the same section.

Now that they all have their own - so I will be in my own seats.