• The KillerFrogs

TCU 360: ‘We literally cannot keep up’: Spike in COVID-19 cases prompts warning

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 7.30.07 AM.png
‘We literally cannot keep up’: Spike in COVID-19 cases prompts warning

By
Benton McDonald

TCU raised the possibility of shifting all classes online as the number of COVID-19 cases more than tripled during the second week of classes.

On Friday, the university reported 447 active cases up from 112 on on Monday.

Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Kathy Cavins-Tull emailed students Thursday night, urging them to avoid parties. Cavins-Tull wrote, “our resources (physical and human resources) are finite.” She said the university wouldn’t be able to keep up cases if they continued the sharp spikes seen this week.

Read more at https://www.tcu360.com/2020/08/we-literally-cannot-keep-up-spike-in-covid-19-cases-prompts-warning/

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Again how many are severe cases? Hospitalizations? Or are these generally mild/non-severe/asymptomatic cases? Quarantine 10-14 days, treat it and push forward. We know cases are are not typically going to be be severe in healthy young people. Deal with it, follow guidelines and push forward.

bleedpurple

Why is Texas not participating in the Apple/google Covid tracing with Bluetooth technology? Is this just fear of large corporations and privacy concerns? I’m missing something...

HFrog1999

4d5d66.jpg

Limp Lizard

I would think that most if not all of the cases are due to non-classroom exposure. TCU is coed: if religions promising hell-fire, disapproval of parents and friends and serious diseases(for young adults) cannot prevent boy-girl physical interaction, a disease which so far has not been generally serious for young adults, keeping 18-23 YO, men and women from close "social interaction", is virtually impossible.

Going to electronic media classes if the students remain on campus would be a waste of resources.

The main thing is keeping the covid cases from leaving campus. No hugging mom, dad or grandparents for a while, kids.

East Coast

Tier 1
Someone is gonna have to help with why 42% isolation bed capacity is an alarming number.
because it spiked on Wednesday with a little more than 100 new cases. The last couple of days have trended way down. I don't understand with ZERO hospitalizations why there should be panic. If the infection rate trends around where it was Friday, they should have people getting cleared at the same rate so no issue.

YA

I would think that most if not all of the cases are due to non-classroom exposure. TCU is coed: if religions promising hell-fire, disapproval of parents and friends and serious diseases(for young adults) cannot prevent boy-girl physical interaction, a disease which so far has not been generally serious for young adults, keeping 18-23 YO, men and women from close "social interaction", is virtually impossible.
Goodness that is some warped thinking of Religions promising hell fire??

Come on man

Limp Lizard

Goodness that is some warped thinking of Religions promising hell fire??

Come on man
I said some religions. When I was in college in the late-60's that was certainly true. Not TCU's Disciples, or most Methodists or other mainstream. Southern Baptist ruled back then with an iron fist in small towns.

HFrog1999

I said some religions. When I was in college in the late-60's that was certainly true. Not TCU's Disciples, or most Methodists or other mainstream. Southern Baptist ruled back then with an iron fist in small towns.

My high school’s valedictorian had to stand up in front of her congregation and apologize for getting pregnant at 17.

TCUdirtbag

Someone is gonna have to help with why 42% isolation bed capacity is an alarming number.

“Alarming” is an obvious exaggeration. But it’s pretty straightforward - if cases went up threefold this week to 42% capacity, and they do so again next week, then they obviously hit and surpass 100%. So that’s a problem.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Again how many are severe cases? Hospitalizations? Or are these generally mild/non-severe/asymptomatic cases? Quarantine 10-14 days, treat it and push forward. We know cases are are not typically going to be be severe in healthy young people. Deal with it, follow guidelines and push forward.
The positives are being found through contact tracing. They don’t just spread it to each other, but also to the community beyond campus when they go to Kroger or wherever. It doesn’t affect just the kids. “Responsible citizens in a global
community and all that.

bleedpurple

The positives are being found through contact tracing. They don’t just spread it to each other, but also to the community beyond campus when they go to Kroger or wherever. It doesn’t affect just the kids. “Responsible citizens in a global
community and all that.

hence my question from above:
“Why is Texas not participating in the Apple/google Covid tracing with Bluetooth technology? Is this just fear of large corporations and privacy concerns? I’m missing something...”

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
hence my question from above:
“Why is Texas not participating in the Apple/google Covid tracing with Bluetooth technology? Is this just fear of large corporations and privacy concerns? I’m missing something...”
Gosh, I don't know? Maybe it's because people consider such a thing to be creepy beyond endurance? Or that they trust the incompetent State Health bureaucrats about as far as they can throw them?

bleedpurple

Gosh, I don't know? Maybe it's because people consider such a thing to be creepy beyond endurance? Or that they trust the incompetent State Health bureaucrats about as far as they can throw them?
I get that l. But why develop technology if you aren’t going to use it. And here’s an idea. Vote for people you trust

mods can delete this or move the thread...

mgsouthpaw

does the quack shack still give you small blue pills regardless of your illness every time u visit?

i wish tcu would be sure to quarantine students in a safe space or a brave space so their feeling don’t get hurt while in isolation.

and what if u are covid-positive but identify as covid-negative?